Some Questions

Old Aug 15th 2012, 12:13 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some Questions

As a cyborg superhero Guyver, you ought to be able to battle against any odds , but the advice here from very knowledgeable people is sound. I read panic in your posts and judging by your movements around UK and Eire that panic has been intensifying.
May I suggest you put your money in a safe place that you can access. Use a small part to come to France for a month's 'holiday'. You've had Euros before so know the route for exchange. Rate is currently very good for £ to €. Choose a place you fancy, city, large town, holiday destination and see how it goes. It will give you time to reflect on your position and to see if your past follows you.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 1:47 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Im_and_Er
If you move to France you must have sufficient resources so as to not be a burden on the state. That includes full health care cover
By definition this means that you cannot come to live in France and claim state benefits, which BTW are means tested just as in UK.
As a matter of general interest, is it true that France is following other European countries' regulations regarding expat residents, viz that you have to prove sufficient resources and healthcare cover, in order not to be a burden on the State? Who does one have to show this justification to, and when?
If you've got an official link, it would be useful to be able to cite it for other posters who would like to live in France but have no job to go to.
Thanks, and apologies for possibly going off-topic.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

Guyver is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cjm
As a cyborg superhero Guyver, you ought to be able to battle against any odds , but the advice here from very knowledgeable people is sound. I read panic in your posts and judging by your movements around UK and Eire that panic has been intensifying.
May I suggest you put your money in a safe place that you can access. Use a small part to come to France for a month's 'holiday'. You've had Euros before so know the route for exchange. Rate is currently very good for £ to €. Choose a place you fancy, city, large town, holiday destination and see how it goes. It will give you time to reflect on your position and to see if your past follows you.
lol good quip on the Guyer bit, but yes you are correct I am panicing in a way, imagine for 2 years nomatter where you went you got shouted at or harassed and ridiculed, you get desperate and try another city in the UK and find the same there, then another and another - You go as far to try Dublin and recieve the same even if at a reduced rate and it still goes on to this day outside your house as people pass - that is why taking a plunge with 70k in toe may not seem like such a bad idea if the place is foreign enough. But you are right I should take a holiday there to sniff out the land and not do something too drastic - I appreciate the advice mate.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 2:41 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

Your life is your business Guyver but there are good people who post here and quality advice is not long in coming along to anyone who joins the Forum. You obviously don't wish to go public with your details, but can I ask, is there no-one who can be there for you in the UK? No-one to advise? No-one to defend you?
Old Aug 15th 2012, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

Guyver is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cjm
Your life is your business Guyver but there are good people who post here and quality advice is not long in coming along to anyone who joins the Forum. You obviously don't wish to go public with your details, but can I ask, is there no-one who can be there for you in the UK? No-one to advise? No-one to defend you?
Yes I've been to the cops and all that etc they just say ignore it and since it is a lot of people they can't really go around arresting for harassment especially since I don't know where they live - no win scenario. I'm not going to come crying to a forum about my personal woes but advice that can help me get out of it is of course appreciated
Old Aug 15th 2012, 3:07 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
As a matter of general interest, is it true that France is following other European countries' regulations regarding expat residents, viz that you have to prove sufficient resources and healthcare cover, in order not to be a burden on the State? Who does one have to show this justification to, and when?
If you've got an official link, it would be useful to be able to cite it for other posters who would like to live in France but have no job to go to.
Thanks, and apologies for possibly going off-topic.
Found one!
http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/p...0France&l=N112
All questions answered!
Meanwhile I wish the OP all the best.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 3:48 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Guyver
Yes I've been to the cops and all that etc they just say ignore it and since it is a lot of people they can't really go around arresting for harassment especially since I don't know where they live - no win scenario. I'm not going to come crying to a forum about my personal woes but advice that can help me get out of it is of course appreciated
Okay, no worries. Advice on France issues here when you want it.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Im_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dmu
I think the rule might be more accurately interpreted as potentially a burden.

As you've probably deduced if you live quietly in France from your own resources and without calling on any state services nobody will bother you and you won't have to prove anything to anybody.

However if you hope to acquire permanent residence after 5 years then at the very least you will have to show that you have had adequate health insurance throughout and also that you have had been completing your tax returns. Those will of course show your income and it's possible that questions could be asked if it has been significantly below the nominal minimum - which I believe is around €750/mth, or approximately €9000/pa, for a single person but don't quote me.

Out of interest it's alleged that the health care changes which came about in 2007 were largely as a result of the discovery that a good number of expats in Dordogneshire had been declaring pauper incomes, and drawing social benefits accordingly, whilst in fact actually living opulent lifestyles !
Old Aug 15th 2012, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
Found one!
http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/p...0France&l=N112
All questions answered!
Meanwhile I wish the OP all the best.
very interesting! We have just reached the 5 year stay and I was wondering how we might prove this ... now I know!
Old Aug 15th 2012, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

TinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really nice

Originally Posted by Guyver
lol good quip on the Guyer bit, but yes you are correct I am panicing in a way, imagine for 2 years nomatter where you went you got shouted at or harassed and ridiculed, you get desperate and try another city in the UK and find the same there, then another and another - You go as far to try Dublin and recieve the same even if at a reduced rate and it still goes on to this day outside your house as people pass - that is why taking a plunge with 70k in toe may not seem like such a bad idea if the place is foreign enough. But you are right I should take a holiday there to sniff out the land and not do something too drastic - I appreciate the advice mate.
If you are not afraid of hard work then there is a way to move to France and get free accommodation, and pretty much disappear - try volunteer work exchange - info here

http://www.helpx.net/google-map-france.asp

or for that matter - many other countries