Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Social Security Payments : Exemptions

Social Security Payments : Exemptions

Old May 13th 2008, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of
Default Social Security Payments : Exemptions

It is my understanding that "proper" U.K. pensions , as received by qualifying E106/E121 holders are exempt from social security contributions ;
would that be correct ?
Are there any other receipts a retiree can legally benefit from , without having to pay social security contributions on ?
Old May 13th 2008, 9:48 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Social Security Payments : Exemptions

Originally Posted by Ray51
It is my understanding that "proper" U.K. pensions , as received by qualifying E106/E121 holders are exempt from social security contributions ;
would that be correct ?
Are there any other receipts a retiree can legally benefit from , without having to pay social security contributions on ?

And although you do not have to pay contributions with a E121 you should still pay for top up insurance on a monthly basis it is not mandatory but if you do not then you could find yourself covering the cost of parts of some medical bills. For example the when i had a heart attack for some reason i had to pay for the ambulance journey between hospitals at the time we were on a E106 with no top up cover.
Old May 14th 2008, 6:23 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
And although you do not have to pay contributions with a E121 you should still pay for top up insurance on a monthly basis it is not mandatory but if you do not then you could find yourself covering the cost of parts of some medical bills. For example the when i had a heart attack for some reason i had to pay for the ambulance journey between hospitals at the time we were on a E106 with no top up cover.
Do you have "proper" UK pensions, or are you just using this site to glean info for this and other questions for your clients ?

Last edited by jdr; May 14th 2008 at 6:25 am.
Old May 14th 2008, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jdr
Do you have "proper" UK pensions, ?
Briefly , the answer is : YES !
I have p.m.'d you , about the other part of your question , cheers !
Old May 14th 2008, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by jdr
Do you have "proper" UK pensions, or are you just using this site to glean info for this and other questions for your clients ?
What drugs have you been on. why did you quote me to ask him / it a question? Very confusing? Doesn't start my day very well.

Last edited by Ka Ora!; May 14th 2008 at 8:30 am.
Old May 14th 2008, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Don't worry : already sorted , between mates !
Old May 14th 2008, 12:41 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

What drugs have you been on. why did you quote me to ask him / it a question? Very confusing? Doesn't start my day very well.
Calm yerself down, I just forgot to untick the box on the quick reply, it`s obvious I was replying to Ray.
Old May 14th 2008, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by jdr
Calm yerself down, I just forgot to untick the box on the quick reply, it`s obvious I was replying to Ray.
You found the edit button, That key with the arrow pointing to the left thats on the right hand side is called the delete key its for removing things that shouldn't be there.
Old May 15th 2008, 5:55 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

You found the edit button, That key with the arrow pointing to the left thats on the right hand side is called the delete key its for removing things that shouldn't be there.
I edited it to add a word, didn`t even look at the quote. slap wrist.
I promise to try harder and not make the same mistake again when i don`t reply to you.

My delete key has Supr not an arrow.
Old May 15th 2008, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

themoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond repute

I have tried a key and arrow pointing at the in-laws, but they are still here..... what have i done wrong

Thanks
Old May 15th 2008, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

themoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themoose
I have tried a key and arrow pointing at the in-laws, but they are still here..... what have i done wrong

Thanks
Ah, think i see where i was going wrong.

I have just tried the Esc button. Found myself in my car overlooking the sea. I think i see Reggie Perrin
Old May 15th 2008, 9:35 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Ah, think i see where i was going wrong.

I have just tried the Esc button. Found myself in my car overlooking the sea. I think i see Reggie Perrin
Lol.
Old May 15th 2008, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by jdr
I edited it to add a word, didn`t even look at the quote. slap wrist.
I promise to try harder and not make the same mistake again when i don`t reply to you.

My delete key has Supr not an arrow.
Same difference...

Thanks
Pick the keyboard up and throw at inlaws failing that reboot them up the bottom. or crtl-alt-delete melted into soup with a bit of keyboard cleaner.
Old May 16th 2008, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Same difference...

Pick the keyboard up and throw at inlaws failing that reboot them up the bottom. or crtl-alt-delete melted into soup with a bit of keyboard cleaner.
thanks. will give it a go
Old May 16th 2008, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

R U guys on the wrong kinda lager ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.