Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Smallholding wanted to rent

Smallholding wanted to rent

Old Apr 17th 2009, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Rural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really nice
Default Smallholding wanted to rent

I am still looking for a long term rent somewhere in SW France. Fairly open to ideas as exact location but ideally close to Pyrenees or not too far from sea.

We need minimum of 3 bedrooms, or maybe a place with house and gite. Some land and outbuildings. Allow dogs as I have 3 but live outside. Would like to be able to have chickens etc.

Looking for unfurnished, 3 year contract to start around July this year.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 5:06 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Smallholding wanted to rent

Originally Posted by thetravelbug
I am still looking for a long term rent somewhere in SW France. Fairly open to ideas as exact location but ideally close to Pyrenees or not too far from sea.

We need minimum of 3 bedrooms, or maybe a place with house and gite. Some land and outbuildings. Allow dogs as I have 3 but live outside. Would like to be able to have chickens etc.

Looking for unfurnished, 3 year contract to start around July this year.
The odd's of you renting a House with a Gite are slim to nil as people would package them separately, That is if you looking to make money off the Gite. Even along the Pyrenees the closer you become to the Sea the more arid the land becomes and you hit wine country. When you say Small Holding without sounding Nosey beyond the chickens what do you want to do with the Small Holding. Renting land is never really an issue in France because of the abundance of it. You may find it easier to Find yourself a home (IE House) then locate land separately but close to it.

You have got to get yourself on the ground here, Work out where you like and source something in that Zone your looking for property to rent that hits a more specialized market and most people buy Farms and Small holdings or buy a property with a bit of land and do their best to purchase more lots close to them.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Rural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really nice

The idea of a gite was so that one of us could live in house and the other in the gite, not wanting to run a business. Have seen a few for long term rent but not really in the region we want.

I want a fair amount of space as have 3 dogs, like rural settings with no immediate neighbours, maybe a pig or two...would want land actually surrounding house, not just close by.

I am on the ground here and am trying to find property to view around end of May so can plan route.

Ideally I want Midi Pyrenees close to the mountains or closer to the Atlantique but as looking for quite a specific property am not limiting myself to a small particular area.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 5:23 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thetravelbug
The idea of a gite was so that one of us could live in house and the other in the gite, not wanting to run a business. Have seen a few for long term rent but not really in the region we want.

I want a fair amount of space as have 3 dogs, like rural settings with no immediate neighbours, maybe a pig or two...would want land actually surrounding house, not just close by.

I am on the ground here and am trying to find property to view around end of May so can plan route.

Ideally I want Midi Pyrenees close to the mountains or closer to the Atlantique but as looking for quite a specific property am not limiting myself to a small particular area.
Well have a Look around Montbrun Bocage which borders Ariege and Haute Garonne. I suspect you find something up your street there.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

will do thanks.