Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

SKY TV AND RAIN

SKY TV AND RAIN

Old Aug 10th 2008, 8:38 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default SKY TV AND RAIN

Hi folks,

Here in Italy I lose my Sky Tv at the mere hint of a thunder storm and also when it's raining quite heavily.

The picture starts to wobble and then I get the "no signal" message. This is very tiresome if you're in the middle of a programme or film.

I was just wondering if this happens in France too or if it's just here ........ the electricity often shuts down as well during storms plunging us all into sudden darkness, screwing up the electric alarm clock and turning off the land line phone !
Old Aug 10th 2008, 8:49 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SKY TV AND RAIN

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Hi folks,

Here in Italy I lose my Sky Tv at the mere hint of a thunder storm and also when it's raining quite heavily.

The picture starts to wobble and then I get the "no signal" message. This is very tiresome if you're in the middle of a programme or film.

I was just wondering if this happens in France too or if it's just here ........ the electricity often shuts down as well during storms plunging us all into sudden darkness, screwing up the electric alarm clock and turning off the land line phone !
happens to us in Spain
Old Aug 10th 2008, 9:25 am
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

Hi folks,

Originally Posted by lynnxa
happens to us in Spain

They tell me that the dish size is very important.would think big dish in the south.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 8:52 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stanage2
They tell me that the dish size is very important.would think big dish in the south.
we've got a massive one on the roof.................I just reckon it catches more rain
Old Aug 10th 2008, 8:52 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

we've got a massive one on the roof.................I just reckon it catches more rain
Old Aug 10th 2008, 8:54 pm
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

If its down like a saucer it will. sorry
Old Aug 10th 2008, 8:58 pm

well mine is upright so the rain isn't collecting in it but it still shuts down too bloody often ..... and never in the middle of a really crappy American reality show .........................
Old Aug 10th 2008, 9:00 pm
Banned

[QUOTE=Lorna at Vicenza;6666572]well mine is upright so the rain isn't collecting in it but it still shuts down too bloody often ..... and never in the middle of a really crappy American reality show .........................[/QUOT

Thought that was normal in your part of the world.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 9:12 pm

[QUOTE=stanage2;6666581]
well mine is upright so the rain isn't collecting in it but it still shuts down too bloody often ..... and never in the middle of a really crappy American reality show .........................[/QUOT

Thought that was normal in your part of the world.
what - the rain ? or the crappy American reality shows ???????

Are we still talking about satelite dishes ???
Old Aug 10th 2008, 9:14 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Lorna at Vicenza;6666613]
what - the rain ? or the crappy American reality shows ???????

Are we still talking about satelite dishes ???
It cuts off here if the rain is heavy, we have a 1.3 mtr dish.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 9:28 pm

I don't even know what size mine is ...... (the dish that is ) it came with a standard Italian Sky package.

Judging on size - don't think it could be more than a metre though.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

brodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of light

It even cuts out for me in Scotland and believe me we have more rain in Scotland
Old Aug 11th 2008, 4:07 am
¿Dónde estoy?

it's upright..............well at an angle, and it doesn't actually collect rain, but it does 'catch' some, as in it gets hit by it

I have exactly the same problem..........in times of heavy rain we lose signal
Old Aug 12th 2008, 10:25 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

60kms south of Toulouse with a 1.1 Mtr dish and heavy rain kills it well channel 4 mainly.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold

It doesn't matter about the size of the dish, I am told it is because the signal simply can't get through the cloud and rain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.