Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Skiing in the Pyrenees

Skiing in the Pyrenees

Old Jun 9th 2019, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

gedor99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skiing in the Pyrenees

I'm moving to Carcassonne in October. Does anyone on here ski in the Pyrenees, if so where is best & I am looking for someone who skis around the Pyrenees so thtat we could ski together. My wife has skied & I will try & get her to ski again.

Thanks
Ged
Old Jun 9th 2019, 7:35 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat056 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Skiing in the Pyrenees

Sorry, can't help with the skiing, but we moved to Carcassonne last November so could possibly help with finding anything else you need when you get here.
Old Jun 9th 2019, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Alianco
Sorry, can't help with the skiing, but we moved to Carcassonne last November so could possibly help with finding anything else you need when you get here.
My wife is already in Carcassonne. She has been there for 18 months, firstly renovating the property & the dealing with the flood that caused massive damage. I am still in the UK but will be finally out in France in October. My French is not very good but am learning my wife's French is very good. Looking for skiers & Padel Tennis players in Carcassone. Hopefully will get to meet you sometime in Place Carnot, look for a couple with 3 poodles

Ged
Old Jun 10th 2019, 5:33 am
Account Closed

Sounds like it will be us looking to your wife for advice.
Old Jun 10th 2019, 3:41 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

what level of skiiers are you? I would join a local ski club.
Font Romeu is OK for beginners/intermediate and is probably closest for you
Andorra is pretty damn good for all levels
Ax les thermes good for all levels
Mont D'Olmes beginners
Guzet beginners/intermediate
St Lary/Peyragudes all levels
Bacqueira Beret excellent.
Old Jun 10th 2019, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

Alianco, get in touch if you need to know nything, my wife speaks very good French, we have some good friends in Carcassonne, we have a good builder & my wife is getting to know her way around really well

Petitefrancaise, I am a pretty good skier, my problem is my French is not good enough yey to comunicate with the French but it will get better when I am in France full time
Old Jun 22nd 2019, 11:27 am
Account Closed

Ged, I assume your wife may well have already found this, but while looking for a Tai Chi group in Carcassonne I found a padel tennis group in a sport centre called ASPTT to the south of the Bastide.