British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   France (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/)
-   -   single magazines (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/single-magazines-822661/)

Barly Jan 23rd 2014 4:45 pm

single magazines

Is there some way to order single issues (not a subscription, not Kindle/iphone) of British magazines online in or to France?

I tried to google that, but didn't succeed - all I get is for subscriptions only (stuff like the Octonauts children's magazine).

Harvester523 Jan 23rd 2014 5:23 pm

Re: single magazines

Originally Posted by Barly (Post 11093297)
Is there some way to order single issues (not a subscription, not Kindle/iphone) of British magazines online in or to France?

I tried to google that, but didn't succeed - all I get is for subscriptions only (stuff like the Octonauts children's magazine).

Have you tried the British Corner Shop? I know they do magazines but I didn't really look as I don't want any.

Chatter Static Jan 23rd 2014 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by Barly (Post 11093297)

You would probably have to go to the distributors uk website and order a back issue. Most mainstream magazines have this facility.

Barly Jan 23rd 2014 5:35 pm

Yes, I'd looked at the British Corner Shop. They didn't have what I was looking for, but there's a "suggest products" page.

Chatter Static Jan 23rd 2014 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by Barly (Post 11093405)
Yes, I'd looked at the British Corner Shop. They didn't have what I was looking for, but there's a "suggest products" page.

There is quite a few of them on Flea Bay

jonkemp Jan 23rd 2014 7:15 pm

Ask a friend back in England to send you a copy out.

Barly Jan 25th 2014 11:53 am

Originally Posted by jonkemp (Post 11093560)
Ask a friend back in England to send you a copy out.

Yes, I'm afraid that'll be the easiest way, after all.

Shirtback Jan 25th 2014 4:22 pm

Where are you in France? & what magazines are you looking for? Without googling to see if they still exist, Atticus +'Tea & Tattered Pages in Paris spring to mind, to only name a couple of places. Also local news agents' in various provincial & sometimes unlikely places, & shops at airports, even regional ones, where flights from UK land ....

Chatter Static Jan 25th 2014 6:46 pm

If thou have the barcode number for the magazine most French Tabacs will be able to order it for you I had no problem getting some of the UK based digital arts mags here via them.

Barly Jan 26th 2014 7:30 am

That sounds great, I'll try that!