Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Setting up a company in France

Setting up a company in France

Old Nov 25th 2017, 12:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Setting up a company in France

Originally Posted by DayPerson
Yes I've been showing dad and I think he is changing his mind but I cannot be sure.

Dad is 63 and was inactif before (we've both spent 3 years on this app without a penny or cent in income other than mums UK pension). Dad was covered in France under mums UK pension and I got AME for living with them. But I don't intend to go back, I hated every minute out there.
How did you qualify for AME - a Government sponsored medical program for people with 'residency irregularities" ? (those without residence permit and on low income).

AME, State Health Aid

AME (Aide Médicale de l'Etat) ensures basic health care for illegal foreign residents, you may be eligible if:

you prove that you have been living in France at least three months (e.g. an expired visa, passport, notification of asylum request refusal, a child's enrolment in a school, Electricity/Gas invoice, etc.)

your monthly household income is under a set level (revised annually) during the 12 months before requesting AME - The level depends on the number of person leaving in the household and is the same as for the CMU complémentaire.
Old Nov 25th 2017, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

DayPerson is a splendid one to beholdDayPerson is a splendid one to beholdDayPerson is a splendid one to beholdDayPerson is a splendid one to beholdDayPerson is a splendid one to beholdDayPerson is a splendid one to beholdDayPerson is a splendid one to beholdDayPerson is a splendid one to beholdDayPerson is a splendid one to beholdDayPerson is a splendid one to beholdDayPerson is a splendid one to behold

Because I'd been living in France since 2008, had a French bank account and was living with mum and dad.
Old Nov 25th 2017, 6:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DayPerson
Because I'd been living in France since 2008, had a French bank account and was living with mum and dad.
What nationality are you that you qualify under AME?
Old Nov 25th 2017, 6:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

As per the quote - AME doesn't discriminate between nationalities. It's available to all 'ressortissants étrangers', it doesn't specifically exclude EU citizens. The only criteria are residence and resources, I think the maximum threshold is the same as that for CMU. You don't have to be an asylum seeker, anyone who's living in France irregularly can apply for AME, and unless the authorities see a reason to refuse they will grant it. As President Macron now-famously said to the Moroccan lady the other day, France is humanitarian and it looks after people who get sick while they're living here, but it can't cure the ills of the world and people who are here illegally and who aren't in danger in their own country, should go home.