Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Sending medicine from France to UK

Sending medicine from France to UK

Old Nov 13th 2018, 9:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat056 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sending medicine from France to UK

My wife and I returned to UK at the end of October to organise the delivery of our stuff back to France. It was only for little over a week so she took 2 weeks worth of her prescription drugs. Unfortunately her mother had to be taken to hospital with what will be a long term/indefinite stay and my wife has had to stay in London with her father and a dwindling supply of drugs. She should be able to get a few days emergency supply when they run out on Saturday. I can pick up her stock of drugs from our boat on the Thursday before that.
What is the quickest and most reliable way to send a small package to UK and has anyone had experience of companies refusing to take prescription drugs? The cost is immaterial.
Thanks.
Old Nov 13th 2018, 9:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sending medicine from France to UK

Can't she visit a doctor in the UK? Surely in the circumstances a UK doctor would write a prescription for as long as she needs.
However since it seems the obvious solution, presumably there is a reason why not or you wouldn't be asking. Maybe she doesn't have a CEAM and isn't a UK state pensioner?
Old Nov 13th 2018, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Quickest and most reliable way I'd say is probably Chronopost. You purchase the size box you need from La Poste, pack yourself and drop off again at La Poste for delivery. Used it several time to send computer parts to UK for repair.
Old Nov 13th 2018, 10:32 am
Account Closed

Thanks for the replies. We are in the confusing no-man's land between leaving UK and sticking our heads above the parrapet in France. She should be here now while we start amassing utilities bills and 100% health insurance cover, but our lives have gone a bit haywire for the moment so things are on hold. She gets her drugs three monthly and has had to rely on emergency supplies before now what with overstaying at her parent's house. Once we settle here for good things will be a lot easier. I'll have a look at Chronopost. I could fly them back myself for less than some of the big couriers want to charge.
Old Nov 14th 2018, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

audio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with TP’s suggestion of Chronopost.

However, I would not personally send drugs to anyone in the UK without checking with HM customs first. Some drugs may not be on their approved list. Diclofénac for example.
Old Nov 14th 2018, 7:21 pm
Account Closed

These are her drugs from UK which she brought over, but failed to take enough back, not thinking she would be stuck there. There wouldn't be a problem with HMC. I've come up with a solution, but the least said about it the better. Thanks for the advice and suggestions.