Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

School Week Changes

School Week Changes

Old Sep 1st 2008, 1:08 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default School Week Changes

Does anyone know or confirm when or if the school week is going to change from the current back to front method of having Wendesdays off and going Saturday to a strait Five days. As a friend has just said this is going to happen and it news to me. The little man starts CP tommorrow after three years of Maternelle his French is well and truly up to speed as is his Spainish and Oxitaine but a Five day week might throw him out of kilter.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School Week Changes

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Does anyone know or confirm when or if the school week is going to change from the current back to front method of having Wendesdays off and going Saturday to a strait Five days. As a friend has just said this is going to happen and it news to me. The little man starts CP tommorrow after three years of Maternelle his French is well and truly up to speed as is his Spainish and Oxitaine but a Five day week might throw him out of kilter.
I know something was posted about this not long ago, but of course, can't find it now we need it. I know ours were at school in France, they were going Monday-Friday, with Wednesday afternoon off, and never had to go Saturday morning- although that seems yonks ago now. If I can find the thread will post it for you.

Found this http://www.frenchentree.com/fe-educa...icle.asp?ID=80
Apparently Xavier Darcos, the french minister for education, has decided there will be a 4 day school week, with no school on Wednesday and Saturday, starting from 1 Septemeber 2008

Last edited by val50; Sep 1st 2008 at 1:43 pm.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 2:10 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: School Week Changes

Originally Posted by val50
I know something was posted about this not long ago, but of course, can't find it now we need it. I know ours were at school in France, they were going Monday-Friday, with Wednesday afternoon off, and never had to go Saturday morning- although that seems yonks ago now. If I can find the thread will post it for you.

Found this http://www.frenchentree.com/fe-educa...icle.asp?ID=80
Apparently Xavier Darcos, the french minister for education, has decided there will be a 4 day school week, with no school on Wednesday and Saturday, starting from 1 Septemeber 2008
Thanks that clarifies things, Joy we don't have to get up early on Saturday.