Salary Range

Old Aug 10th 2008, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

neojynx is a name known to allneojynx is a name known to allneojynx is a name known to allneojynx is a name known to allneojynx is a name known to allneojynx is a name known to allneojynx is a name known to allneojynx is a name known to allneojynx is a name known to allneojynx is a name known to allneojynx is a name known to all
Default Salary Range

HI

I am hoping to move to France from the US in what I would hope to be a sideways move, but due to the disparity in salaries I know this won't be the case.

I am wondering what a reasonable salary range would be for an IT professional in France. I currently earn around $125,000 US - Would 60,000 Euros be around the right figure?

-N
Old Aug 10th 2008, 8:45 pm
La petite noblesse

Jazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Salary Range

Hi Neojynx and welcome

I would say it depends on where you are planning to live. There is a big disparity between rural and urban wages. To get more of an idea look at the ANPE site (www.anpe.fr) and search under analyst programmeur, or whatever title suits you better.

As an idea, Lol has been looking around our area (Dept 53) and the salaries are from 20 to 30,000 Euros a year, with the bigger cities, like Rennes and Nantes occasionally offering managerial posts from 60,000 Euros annually. He was earning £40,000 plus 3 years ago in the UK.

My sister worked in Parisbas, mid level management, in Paris and only earned 28,000 Euros. Wages here are incredibly low, but cost of living is slightly lower than the UK, and probably a lot more than the US.

Sorry not to bring you better news, you may get better wages by working for a US or UK company over here, but competition is fierce! Good luck, whatever you decide.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neojynx
HI

I am hoping to move to France from the US in what I would hope to be a sideways move, but due to the disparity in salaries I know this won't be the case.

I am wondering what a reasonable salary range would be for an IT professional in France. I currently earn around $125,000 US - Would 60,000 Euros be around the right figure?

-N

My OH had his salary doubled when he moved from France to Canada about 3 years ago. We found though that due to higher taxation, cost of living etc in Canada, that our standard of living has, in many ways, dropped to what it was in France. One other thing to consider is the amount of holiday you would get in France compared to USA. He thought he would cope with going down to 3 weeks a year, opposed to the 6+weeks he got in France, but it has also made a big difference.
As Jazzy n lol said, a lot will depend on where you are going to be based. Around 60 000 euros sounds about right though.
You can also do a search on Google for international salary comparisons
This is one we've used before
http://move.realtor.com/move/tools/s....asp?&tran=vud
Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

themoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond repute

Its not all about the money, as its relative to your life style.

The thing is how you spend it and your time. You only ever need enough to have a good life. Quite often those people i have met who earn so much more than the next man, are the most miserable.

So i here is hoping you dont earn too much.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 1:00 pm
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by themoose
Its not all about the money, as its relative to your life style.

The thing is how you spend it and your time. You only ever need enough to have a good life. Quite often those people i have met who earn so much more than the next man, are the most miserable.

So i here is hoping you dont earn too much.
Yes you can earn a lot,but will you have time to spend it.
As the above says its not the amount but the quality
Old Aug 12th 2008, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

I think much depends on location. It's like taking an IT job in London or a little suburb in a town - the pay's most likely going to be different (as will be the general cost of living). Most people I know in Paris are on extremely good wages, and I've seen IT jobs advertised here that pay anywhere from 40-100,000 euros.