Wikiposts

S1 Ho hum

Old Dec 29th 2012, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Blackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud of
Default S1 Ho hum

Bonjour les gars!

Well, we're finally here and the last trip from Sweden is finally behind us! Now the fun starts:
I have been preparing the Swedish bureacrats for some time about this move and was hoping to have everything d and d. But instead of receiving an S1 which I thought was the key to the door, I have merely received the following letter from the Swedish social security which I quote in translation.
'The Swedish Social Security has decided to deregister you from the Swedish social security system effective as of 16 december 2012.
'The Swedish Social Security has received your correspondence where you state that you will be leaving Sweden on 15 december 2012. You are no longer covered by the Swedish social welfare insurance system since you live in France. This decision is based on Article 11 of the Ordinance of the Council (EG) 883/2004 on coordination of the social security systems.'

So, do you think that they will be sending me an S1 or is that it? Surely this piece of paper will not be enough for us to get into the French system?
ps I am 65, my wife is 62 and we both have EHIC cards (for what that's worth). Thanks for any inputs and help!
Bon fin de l'année!
Blackie
Old Dec 29th 2012, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: S1 Ho hum

Hi Blackie
Congratulations on your long-awaited move.
Do you or your wife have any entitlement to UK State pensions?
Do you or your wife have any entitlement to Swedish State pensions?
If you are in receipt of any of the above, my understanding is that you are entitled to be accepted by the french healthcare system.
Best of luck - with the healthcare and for 2013
Old Dec 29th 2012, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Blackie,
Welcome to the club - permanently.
I wouldn't think that the paper you've received on it's own would be sufficient for French bureaucracy.
If you've paid into the Swedish Social System for many years, being part of EU I can see no good reason why they shouldn't issue you with an S1 at 65, unless of course the person who had dealt with you is behind the times and may need reminding that you now qualify for and require an S1 form (ex E121).
I recall when my S1 was issued that there was a note that said, 'Once you move abroad you are no longer entitled to medical treatment in the UK under normal NHS rules.' (We do have of course EHIC cards for use in UK if ever required).
My S1 docs also reminded: 'Consider taking out private medical insurance to help you with the cost of any treatment required before your S1 is registered.'

I'm sure you'll eventually get everything sorted. Good luck!
Old Dec 30th 2012, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Blackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud of

Hi and thanks both for the good wishes!

Yes I have already received my pension notification from the Swedish Pensions Authority, they will be starting to pay that in January, my wife will start receiving hers in abt 18 months time. So I'll mail back to the Swedish social security and ask for an S1.

Merci mes braves
Blackie
Old Dec 30th 2012, 1:04 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blackladder
Hi and thanks both for the good wishes!

Yes I have already received my pension notification from the Swedish Pensions Authority, they will be starting to pay that in January, my wife will start receiving hers in abt 18 months time. So I'll mail back to the Swedish social security and ask for an S1.

Merci mes braves
Blackie
Hi Blackie, congrats on the move.

My understanding is as above. Once you've got the state pension (or the notification?) you don't need the S1. I'm open to correction of course.

Hope you settle in quickly, we're not so long behind you.
Old Dec 30th 2012, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

I was going to open a bottle of champagne to celebrate, but it was too young even for Jimmy Saville...
Old Dec 30th 2012, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Hya Novo,
Thanks by the way for the good wishes - recipro! I was just pondering, as one does, when we drove down through Europe for the last time, on what feelings I had as we passed city after city, almost like a curtain closing behind me all along the road. We took 15 round trips in the van, each of 4000 k, is that Canada and back by van? Any road, I wish you the best of success in getting here, got any ETA?
cordialement
Blackie
Old Dec 30th 2012, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to open a bottle of champagne to celebrate, but it was too young even for Jimmy Saville...
Ouch!
Old Dec 30th 2012, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Hi Blackie, congrats on the move.

My understanding is as above. Once you've got the state pension (or the notification?) you don't need the S1. I'm open to correction of course.

Hope you settle in quickly, we're not so long behind you.
Maybe it varies from department to department, but I'd be a little surprised. My pension notification issued by Newcastle was official-looking enough but a separate S1 (also from Pension/Medical Service, Newcastle) was certainly required.
Oh, and make sure they realise you need the S1 to cover yourself and wife.
Old Dec 30th 2012, 5:07 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Hya Novo,
Thanks by the way for the good wishes - recipro! I was just pondering, as one does, when we drove down through Europe for the last time, on what feelings I had as we passed city after city, almost like a curtain closing behind me all along the road. We took 15 round trips in the van, each of 4000 k, is that Canada and back by van? Any road, I wish you the best of success in getting here, got any ETA?
cordialement
Blackie
Next ETA on Feb 1st for 3 months, then Toronto in May-June, back in Normandy for the summer. Permanent ETA July 2014 I hope but July 2015 at the latest. Assuming Allah remains akhbar.
Old Dec 31st 2012, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Im_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
You most definitely do need an S1, it's the standard EU instrument which confirms to another country that you are in fact entitled to reciprocal health care, the French have no way of confirming that without it and will just say 'non'.

You also need to be actually in receipt of your pension to qualify for an S1, not just notified of it.

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens...s/index_en.htm

See under the 'Retiring' link on that page.
Old Dec 31st 2012, 8:17 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Im_and_Er
You most definitely do need an S1, it's the standard EU instrument which confirms to another country that you are in fact entitled to reciprocal health care, the French have no way of confirming that without it and will just say 'non'.

You also need to be actually in receipt of your pension to qualify for an S1, not just notified of it.

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens...s/index_en.htm

See under the 'Retiring' link on that page.
As said, I stand to be corrected. Thanks.
Old Dec 31st 2012, 8:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know much about Sweden but is there not a specific a form you have to fill in? In the UK for instance it is form CA8454.

I agree with ImandEr, you will need the S1 form itself. A letter stating that the Swedish healthcare system has decided to deregister you is unlikely to reassure CPAM that Sweden has agreed to take responsibility for your healthcare

Last edited by EuroTrash; Dec 31st 2012 at 8:44 pm.
Old Jan 1st 2013, 4:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Im_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud of

This document explains your rights in Swedish and English.

http://ec.europa.eu/social/BlobServl...4783&langId=sv

http://ec.europa.eu/social/BlobServl...4783&langId=en

Section E on p23 refers to the S1.

Last edited by Im_and_Er; Jan 1st 2013 at 4:24 am.
Old Jan 1st 2013, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

To Im and Er!
Many thanks for taking the trouble to dig that out for me! That will be of great help indeed!
Just generally, the Swedish authorities cannot imagine anyone actually WANTING to leave their social democratic paradise. There are no forms you can fill in stating that you are leaving. They are all worded something like 'I shall be working abroad and will be returning to Sweden on...,or 'I am studying in Oxford and will be coming back to Sweden on...,so when I filled in this form and wrote that 'none of these applies' they actually phoned me to ask if I was genuinely going to leave. 'Quickern you can say exit visa' I replied, 'and when are you returning?' 'Never' 'is that right?' You betcha.
Anyway, thanks again!
Blackie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.