Reload this Page >

Cats - Rental Properties

Cats - Rental Properties

Old Nov 1st 2017, 8:23 am
Just Joined

Amyphil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cats - Rental Properties

Hi,

We are concidering a move to Annecy as my husband has been offered a 2 year secondment. The company would pay for us to rent a flat. We would like to bring our 2 cats but don't know if pets are usually allowed?

Thanks
Old Nov 1st 2017, 8:46 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cats - Rental Properties

Originally Posted by Amyphil
Hi,

We are concidering a move to Annecy as my husband has been offered a 2 year secondment. The company would pay for us to rent a flat. We would like to bring our 2 cats but don't know if pets are usually allowed?

Thanks
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
I can understand why landlords might refuse dogs and NACs, but I believe that cats are usually accepted.
If we can advise on other aspects, don't hesitate to start a new thread!
Annecy is certainly a lovely place to be seconded to!
Old Nov 1st 2017, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

I know people with cats in rented properties. I guess it depends on the landlord, I'm not sure if they are legally allowed to refuse you because you have a cat, or maybe it depends on the contract, but if they don't want cats then they'll simply find another reason to refuse you. But unless they specifically ask, why tell them?

In any case the tenant is always required to have damages insurance, and is responsible for leaving the property in no worse condition that it was when you moved in. French landlords are very precise about this, the legal contract usually includes a detailed état des lieux with photos taken when you move in and another when you move out, so that there can (in theory) be no argument about any damage to the property.

Bring the puddy-tats, you can't leave them out of the adventure :-)
Old Nov 1st 2017, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amyphil
Hi,

Thanks
Hi,

I cant help you about the cats but you should have a good look at the relocation package.
Are they paying for your furniture removal or storage in the UK?
Are they paying for french lessons for you both?
Are they paying for essential furnishings expenses?
Will you have an allowance for visit(s) home?
Will they give you support to arrange things like a bank account or insurance or taxation other things that are different in France?

You may find that these things could be a greater problem than finding a flat that will allow your cats.
Good luck with your move.
Old Nov 1st 2017, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

Endonurse is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we have moved into rented accommodation whilst awaiting completion on our house. We have brought 1 dog and 4 cats to the Midi-Pyrenees and they are loving it.