Reload this Page >

Retiring in france

Retiring in france

Old Aug 4th 2019, 6:41 am
Just Joined

fishrock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Retiring in france

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
I don't think a Brit with a cds for France will have any special privileges in other EU countries will they? I thought the EU had refused onward movement.
Apart from that I pretty much agree with the rest of your post.
This may help from https://brexit.gouv.fr/sites/brexit/...au-sejour.html
  • Les titres de séjour délivrés en France permettront-ils une mobilité au sein des autres pays de l'Union européenne ?
  • Les titres de séjour délivrés en France permettront, outre l’installation en France, de circuler dans les autres Etats faisant partie de l’espace Schengen pour des périodes ne dépassant pas trois mois.
Translated by google as:
  • Will the residence permits issued in France allow mobility within the other countries of the European Union?
  • The residence permits issued in France will allow, in addition to the installation in France, to circulate in the other states forming part of the Schengen area for periods not exceeding three months
It appears from this according to France government website that a cds allows the holder up to 3 months travel in any Schengen country.

Apologies for formatting I don't see a way of changing the font.
I wonder what happened to the OP?

Last edited by fishrock; Aug 4th 2019 at 6:42 am. Reason: Trying to fix the font.
Old Aug 4th 2019, 7:43 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fishrock
This may help from https://brexit.gouv.fr/sites/brexit/...au-sejour.html
  • Les titres de séjour délivrés en France permettront-ils une mobilité au sein des autres pays de l'Union européenne ?
  • Les titres de séjour délivrés en France permettront, outre l’installation en France, de circuler dans les autres Etats faisant partie de l’espace Schengen pour des périodes ne dépassant pas trois mois.
Translated by google as:
  • Will the residence permits issued in France allow mobility within the other countries of the European Union?
  • The residence permits issued in France will allow, in addition to the installation in France, to circulate in the other states forming part of the Schengen area for periods not exceeding three months
It appears from this according to France government website that a cds allows the holder up to 3 months travel in any Schengen country.

Apologies for formatting I don't see a way of changing the font.
I wonder what happened to the OP?
Good find! Maybe the link can be posted in the FAQs?
(It goes without saying that the Titre de Séjour in question isn't sufficient on its own - the holder must have his/her Passport as official ID.)
Old Aug 4th 2019, 1:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

But all (AFAIK) 3rd party nationals are allowed spend 90 days out of 180 in Schengen. Some nationalities need visitor visas and some don't. Unless Brits are added to the list of those who do need visas, which would be surprising but not impossible, having a cds for one EU country will make no difference to Schengen visitor rights..
https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/visa-calculator/