Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

resources to find rental house near Monaco

resources to find rental house near Monaco

Old Jul 14th 2011, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

sushiholic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default resources to find rental house near Monaco

I am considering a job opportunity located in Monaco, would probably end up living in France. I am having a hard time finding decent rental homes, preferably with three bedrooms, as I have two kids. This is for 1 year to start.

i am trying to find out if accommodations are available that will meet the wife's standards.. currently we live near San Diego, USA..

any links to websites, preferably in English are greatly appreciated. My french is a little rusty, haven't used it for over 20 years...

also, this is on a contract basis......any ideas about what one should ask for in salary ? to be comfortable ?

my wife is a US citizen, but my kids both have EU passports, along side their US passports......any issues obtaining medical cover as my employment will be contract, so nothing covered ? what about schooling, are there schools available that accommodate non french speakers, and reasonably priced ?

Last edited by sushiholic; Jul 14th 2011 at 6:10 pm. Reason: added a question
Old Jul 15th 2011, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: resources to find rental house near Monaco

Hi
The cost of living in France is much higher than in the USA.
Rentals for properties are thro' the roof in and around Monaco and that entire coast.
If you are living in France then you will be left with much less money after tax and social charges are deducted.
Day-to-day living costs including local taxes; clothes; cars; gas; food; electrical goods and furniture are all way higher than in the USA.
If you want accommodation to US standards then you will probably struggle to afford it.
A friend of mine is currently selling his family home in the USA.
It has 4,600 sq ft and 5 acres of land. The price is €570,000 approx.
You would be lucky to get an apartment of 1,500 sq ft for that in France.
The rentals are obviously of similar scale.
If you cherish your US lifestyle then you should think very carefully before you give it up for a high-cost lifestyle in France.

Good luck