Reload this Page >

IT industry in France

IT industry in France

Old Jul 10th 2017, 3:44 am
Just Joined

stu1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb IT industry in France

Hi

So, I am investigating the possibility of moving to France (Paris) in the near future..

Would anyone here have any insight into the current state of IT industry / employment in and around Paris? Wondering what the job market is like at the moment, which areas of IT have decent job availability etc

thanks
Old Jul 10th 2017, 8:51 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IT industry in France

Originally Posted by stu1
Hi

So, I am investigating the possibility of moving to France (Paris) in the near future..

Would anyone here have any insight into the current state of IT industry / employment in and around Paris? Wondering what the job market is like at the moment, which areas of IT have decent job availability etc

thanks
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
I can't give specific advice except to consult the Pôle-Emploi site and the professional job-offer sites, to get an idea of what jobs are available.
In general, be aware that you'd have fierce competition from English-speaking French candidates for any jobs going - the employment rate in France is much higher than in the UK...
If you're renting, you must be able to justify a regular income of 3-4 times the rent (nearer 4 for Paris). Is there a particular reason for choosing Paris, or are you flexible location-wise? How is your French? Would you be coming with dependents?
Someone will come along with more specific advice in your field. Good luck!
Old Jul 10th 2017, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stu1
Hi

thanks
Have a look at Sophia Antipolis which is a leading European technology park.
It is the South of France but you may have a better chance of getting a job and many companies there use English as a language option.
Old Jul 10th 2017, 12:45 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

look on Indeed.fr

you will need the french terms for your employment search of course.

In France it really helps to get a job if you have a contact within the company. Networking is really important. Otherwise, look on company websites for job availability in the areas you are interested in.

Last edited by petitefrancaise; Jul 10th 2017 at 12:47 pm.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 4:16 am
Just Joined

Thanks all for the advice
I've checked a few of the job search sites and company pages. Seems to be a decent amount advertised, difficult to tell though how many candidates are applying for them or what the salaries are like though...they don't seem to advertise any range or guide for the salary

Originally Posted by dmu
Is there a particular reason for choosing Paris, or are you flexible location-wise? How is your French? Would you be coming with dependents?
Yes Paris is the place of choice because it's my GF's home town, and her family is there etc. My French is intermediate, I can get by but needs work to be properly fluent (which I plan to put much effort into). No dependents though.
Old Jul 19th 2017, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

Is there some kind of salary survey or website which shows average salaries or salary range for various job positions?

Here the expected salary range is advertised with the position description on the job site, but doesn't seem to include this on the French job sites. Makes it difficult to figure out the financials for living there !

cheers
Old Jul 20th 2017, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Administrateur systèmes : jusqu'à 50 000 euros
might help.
You don't say what role you are seeking but you can use the red/white arrows on the right and left to see the salary range for the various IT roles (systems admin, systems engineer, etc).
Old Jul 20th 2017, 10:59 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: IT industry in France

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
Administrateur systèmes : jusqu'� 50� 000� euros
might help.
You don't say what role you are seeking but you can use the red/white arrows on the right and left to see the salary range for the various IT roles (systems admin, systems engineer, etc).
Thank you! I'm an architecte d'infrastructure (systèmes/réseaux/securité). Seems to be roughly similar salaries compared to here according to your link, but I guess with a higher tax rate

Thanks for the help!