Wikiposts

A Request.

Old Nov 4th 2008, 11:09 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute
Default A Request.

I've just been with Syb to visit a local English-owned bar to meet some people there. The owner tells me that he needs a bit of help in finding a few musos willing and able to hold either free, or low-cost gigs there to try & generate some interest in the place. Does anyone know of anyone in the 49, Maine et Loire dept. who may be willing to have a bash? The audience is always a good mix of French and English, and these events are always well-received. The sad fact is though that more & more 'bands' are charging ridiculous prices and then expecting riders such as free food & drink all night just to perform for an hour and a half or so.

I'd like to help out, so have offered to try and gather a few like-minded souls (French or English) together for a couple of rehearsals/jams and then have a bloody good night at this bar.

Any interest, either PM me, or let me know through this thread?

Ta in advance!
Old Nov 5th 2008, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

themoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Request.

Sounds great. Sadly cant help Stu, but a great idea and i hope it works out.

P.S hope you went on your bikes
Old Nov 5th 2008, 5:48 am
Far Kynelle

Ewood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Stu, can't help either. my sons band play for beer money at best, but as the play 70's heavy metal and live in nottingham , that doesn't help.
Let is know how you get on, can't beat live music and a glass or three
Old Nov 5th 2008, 5:58 am

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers guys! I'm meeting a guitarist tomorrow up at La Flèche with a view to doing something. Not sure what. I don't want a serious band again, but as I've bought a kit again, I need to use it!

Moose - went in the car, and apart from a very small rosé, it was café noir!

The pic is the kit I bought on eBay. The WMA file is a track called Breathing. C'est moi sur la batterie.
Attached Thumbnails A Request.-4517_12.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: wma
Breathing.wma (3.96 MB, 75 views)
Old Nov 5th 2008, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

themoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Le Chant
Cheers guys! I'm meeting a guitarist tomorrow up at La Flèche with a view to doing something. Not sure what. I don't want a serious band again, but as I've bought a kit again, I need to use it!

The pic is the kit I bought on eBay. The WMA file is a track called Breathing. C'est moi sur la batterie.
Hey not too bad there. I can see big things coming from this
Old Nov 5th 2008, 8:35 pm

Cheers Moose. To be honest, I'm past big things now. Just want to have a bit of a bash. Not sure my shoulders are up to constant gigging anymore! I'm sat here typing this after rubbing arnica into the right one then sitting with a heat bag on it! Decrepit!
Old Nov 7th 2008, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

paulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud of

Well depending on what style your thinking of I'm up for doing a bit of vocals - not nearly as good as my Hubby but can certainly rock it lol -
Then again Jonathan did say he was looking into getting a band together with you so now you got your new kit - that could be quite good fun - im sure the distance wouldnt be a problem for him - it would be like doing a gig at home considering his usual distances

P.s Stu we hoping to come over when his majesty is home which is 17th Nov - it'll probably be the wednesday cos Harmony would kill me if we didnt bring her to see you

PJ
Old Nov 7th 2008, 8:39 am
Far Kynelle

Ewood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Le Chant

That was pretty good Stu, impressed! Thought it might be a cover of Kate Bush' s song with same title, which would have been a challenge and a half
Back in the traps, keep those shoulders loose.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

How do you tell if the stage is level?
The drummer is drooling from both sides of his mouth.

How can you tell a drummer's at the door?
The knocking speeds up.

What's the last thing a drummer says in a band?
"Hey guys, why don't we try one of my songs?

What do you call a drummer that breaks up with his girlfriend?
Homeless.

How can you tell when a drummer's at the door?
He doesn't know when to come in

Sorry Stu!! I used to be in a band once upon a time, we were four musicians and a drummer.
Poor old drummers they do get a lot of stick (that wasn't supposed to be some terrible pun). The track is very good, I like the rocky vocals too.
I used to play guitar and gig in my later teens, but it was mainly Metallica, RATM, RHCP, Nirvana and some of our own. When I moved to France the only thing I forgot was my very expensive Ibanez guitar - I don't know how on earth that happened, but I'm a little peeved!
The drum kit looks excellent. Only last week I was thinking to myself, you couldn't be a drummer and live in Paris!
Old Nov 7th 2008, 7:11 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=G-J-B;6951442]

What do you call a drummer that breaks up with his girlfriend?
Homeless.

Help!
This is the second time I've seen this joke (it was also on the Spanish Forum not long ago, with "musician" instead of "drummer"), and I still don't understand it.
Maybe it's a pun on a word that was invented in the UK after I left, maybe I'm just plain stupid, or maybe it's not funny at all....
Old Nov 7th 2008, 8:02 pm

Why do guitarists put drumsticks on the dash of their car?
So they can park in the handicapped spot.

What do you call someone who hangs around with musicians?
A drummer.

What do Ginger Baker and black coffee have in common?
They both suck without Cream.

How many drummers does it take to change a lightbulb?
Five: One to screw the bulb in, and four to talk about how much better
Neil Peart coulda done it.

How many drummers does it take to change a light bulb?
None, they have a machine to do that now.

Cheers guys!

I don't mind the joks Gav, heard most of 'em anyway! Still make me laugh though. Shame about the Inanez, nice guitars.

PJ - Not got the kit yet, still deliberating over whether I really want to travel almost into Spain for it! There's a nicer kit not too far from me, but a bit too expensive....same as I used to have back in the day too!

Nov 17th's fine by us....don't think we've anyone on, so if you want to come over Tuesday night again?
Old Nov 7th 2008, 10:32 pm
Far Kynelle

So, favourite drummer??? Or are you eclectic in your tastes? I always liked Keith Moon for his spontananeity bordering on ramshackle
Old Nov 8th 2008, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold

Talking drummers ewood? Art Blakey, the dean of the drums, I hear Buddy Rich wasn't too bad either
Old Nov 8th 2008, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by Ewood
So, favourite drummer??? Or are you eclectic in your tastes? I always liked Keith Moon for his spontananeity bordering on ramshackle
I'm eclectic! Phil Collins, Neil Peart(!), Taylor Hawkins, Chester Thompson, dear ol' Cozy Powell. Different styles. I'm a sucker for female singers though. Always preferred to be in bands with female singers. The view's better from a drummer's perspective!