Reload this Page >

Replacing a Septic tank

Replacing a Septic tank

Old Jul 4th 2018, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

TandD2017 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Replacing a Septic tank

Hi
Trying not to be ripped off as I trust the immobilier selling my Dad's house as far as I can throw her (never sign an exclusive deal folks)

Does anybody know a rough cost for replacement of a septic tank for a 4 bed. I am assuming replacement is cheaper than a new installation and have found info on the web for installation but not for replacement

Any help is appreciated

And if anyone needs a 4 bed bungalow near Carcassonne with a lot of garden where the house needs s little decorative work then say Hi!

Tony
Old Jul 4th 2018, 5:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Replacing a Septic tank

Can we assume you've had the SPANC inspection done and it indicates that the whole installation will meet current normes if you replace the tank?
Old Jul 4th 2018, 6:03 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TandD2017
Hi
Trying not to be ripped off as I trust the immobilier selling my Dad's house as far as I can throw her (never sign an exclusive deal folks)

Does anybody know a rough cost for replacement of a septic tank for a 4 bed. I am assuming replacement is cheaper than a new installation and have found info on the web for installation but not for replacement

Any help is appreciated

And if anyone needs a 4 bed bungalow near Carcassonne with a lot of garden where the house needs s little decorative work then say Hi!

Tony
In our neck of the woods, the going price seems to be 10 000€ for the replacement of a fosse septique non-conforme. When my late neighbour's heirs sold her 4-bedroomed house, this sum (based on a Devis from the only firm in the area), was deducted from the selling price and the buyers paid for and organised the replacement, being on the spot.
Others on the forum have experienced cheaper offers - maybe it depends on how much competition there is in the area.....
Old Jul 4th 2018, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

The immobilier quoted 8-10k to be fair to her and that seems close to the price for a new one so maybe is about the right price. Where the house is located prices can be higher due to it being a half hour out of town too. Many thanks
Old Jul 4th 2018, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
Can we assume you've had the SPANC inspection done and it indicates that the whole installation will meet current normes if you replace the tank?
Not too sure EuroTrash
I live in the Caribbean and trying to sell my late Father's estate remotely so I am in the hands of the Notarie & Immobillier (probably spelt those wrong). I knew the sceptic tank needed a separate inspection and have been told one has been done and the tank is cracked so doesn't comply,