Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Renting Your Property

Renting Your Property

Old Sep 18th 2014, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Debra186 has a brilliant futureDebra186 has a brilliant futureDebra186 has a brilliant futureDebra186 has a brilliant futureDebra186 has a brilliant futureDebra186 has a brilliant futureDebra186 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Renting Your Property

I've had a call from webuyanyhouse.co.uk offering to buy mine but they're offering a bit less than what I paid for it ten years ago. I said no but now they keep asking me if I've changed my mind yet. Am I mad in considering it? (getting a bit sick of being in limbo)

Last edited by Debra186; Sep 18th 2014 at 4:39 pm.
Old Sep 18th 2014, 3:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know anything about webyanyhouse.co.uk but some of these companies in the UK that say they'll buy your house are despicable. I had a friend who was desperate to sell, decades ago when negative equity was a problem for many, and he tried to make a deal with one of these companies. They seemed genuine and strung him along as if it was a done deal, then the evening before completion, when they reckoned he would have made all the arrangements and couldn't back out, they rang him up and said unfortunately they had just discovered that they didn't have the funds available, but the deal could still go ahead but they would have to reduce the offer by some huge amount. Obviously they were counting on him being in a corner with nowhere else to turn and would have to accept. Fortunately he hadn't committed to buying or renting anywhere else because he was coming to live with us, so all he had to do was cancel the removals and he was able to tell them to eff off. Having mentioned this to other people it seems that at that time back in the 70s this was a common modus operandi for some of these firms. Not saying they're all like that but please be very very careful.
Old Sep 18th 2014, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

audio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Debra186
I've had a call from webyanyhouse.co.uk offering to buy mine but they're offering a bit less than what I paid for it ten years ago. I said no but now they keep asking me if I've changed my mind yet. Am I mad in considering it? (getting a bit sick of being in limbo)
Bin them Debra:
Beware the new breed of house buyers - Spend & Save - Money - The Independent
Old Sep 18th 2014, 3:54 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

I think it would be foolish to even consider it, it would be far simpler to just reduce the house price a little.
Old Sep 18th 2014, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Touraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond repute

I miss the UK.
Old Sep 18th 2014, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

Debra186 has a brilliant futureDebra186 has a brilliant futureDebra186 has a brilliant futureDebra186 has a brilliant futureDebra186 has a brilliant futureDebra186 has a brilliant futureDebra186 has a brilliant future

Hmm - they're coming in with an offer of five to ten thousand less than what they offered last month, so that's another no then.
Old Sep 18th 2014, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

audio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Debra186
Hmm - they're coming in with an offer of five to ten thousand less than what they offered last month, so that's another no then.
Ask the guy if his name is Tommy Cooper.