rentals

Old Aug 5th 2009, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

mcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to all
Default rentals

Once we move to france we would like a rental home possibly for a couple of years, not a holiday rental. Does anybody know of any links i could go onto or how they are advertised for rentals where i could look them up and see what prices, sizes, bedrooms etc etc.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

Hawthorn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: rentals

Having done the house search to buy, I note that most of the immobiliers also advertise places to rent. If you go to google.fr and search 'immobilier townname' then look under the rental section 'louer'. If, like me, your French is currently sketchy, then copy and paste the description into freetranslation.com to get the gist of what is being advertised. I found that fnaim.fr was a good website as many agents add details to that one.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 10:31 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mcmorrow1
Once we move to france we would like a rental home possibly for a couple of years, not a holiday rental. Does anybody know of any links i could go onto or how they are advertised for rentals where i could look them up and see what prices, sizes, bedrooms etc etc.
See my post HERE it gives you an idea for Toulouse and Pamiers
Old Aug 5th 2009, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

local Notaires also handle rentals, you can usually view online
Old Aug 8th 2009, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

pogo123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi.Most immobilieres (in this area) only advertise property unfurnished,and therefore a minimum 3 year rental.This is how local (french) people rent long term.It can be very cheap,averaging around €500 per month in Limousin for a substantial house. Try holiday rentals,or forums similar to this one.I am sure there are some owners who would love a monthly income for a couple of years instead of holiday lets.Good luck.Paul
Old Aug 9th 2009, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

mcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to all

That sounds cheap,have been looking on the web and prices seem to be for holiday rentals at extreme prices upto and in excess of 1000 euros per month,wouldn,t like to rent for 3 years though as hubby wants to build our house after about 18-24 months,good that they are unfurnished as we are shipping our furniture from Australia and didnt want to put it all in storage(yet more cost).I have noticed though how small the houses are over in France,as in Oz the average house size is 200sq metre and will be selling ours which is 245sq metre living space,i dont think i have seen a rental yet that can match the size we are used to living in,will just have to cram all 6 of us in.Thanks for the info you guys!!
Old Aug 10th 2009, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

south_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nice

We rented a small furnished house with a large workshop attached for storage of all our stuff - it worked out well and saved a fortune in storage costs.

Its worth noting that although unfurnished tenancies are 3 years, this is the period during which the landlord can't throw you out (as long as you pay the rent and don't break the rules). The tenant can give 3 months notice at any time, so you are not locked in for the full three years. For furnished places, the terms are shorter - 1 year tenancy and 1 month notice.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

That sounds quite reasonable then if we sign up for a 3 yr rent,that we can get out of after 18 months.Do you have to pay anything for breaking your term lease i.e a percentage of rent lost to the landord or any fixed costs if we decide to leave the rental after only 18 months.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

south_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nice

That sounds quite reasonable then if we sign up for a 3 yr rent,that we can get out of after 18 months.Do you have to pay anything for breaking your term lease i.e a percentage of rent lost to the landord or any fixed costs if we decide to leave the rental after only 18 months.
Our contract only states that we have to provide 1 month of advance notice by registered post. Even at 3 months notice for an unfurnished lease, presumably that is deemed an acceptible period of time for the landlord to find a new tenant.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

ParisianSparrow is an unknown quantity at this point

An unfurnished rental lease is basically 3 yrs but you may cancel it provided either a 3 month leave notice (or one month if you are relocating abroad for professional reasons)
A furnished rental lease is more tricky. The landlord is compelled to keep you one year into the premises, but after that date he may dispose of the house if he/she wishes so.

I would check on www.fnaim.com
or www.locat.fr