Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Removal companies

Removal companies

Old Aug 17th 2006, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

Soph7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Removal companies

Moving to France from UK - anyone recommend a removal company? So far have heard nothing but horror stories! Thanks
Old Aug 18th 2006, 12:36 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Removal companies

Originally Posted by Soph7
Moving to France from UK - anyone recommend a removal company? So far have heard nothing but horror stories! Thanks
My daughter just used These from UK to Spain.
They do full or part loads, very friendly and spot on time.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr
My daughter just used These from UK to Spain.
They do full or part loads, very friendly and spot on time.
Thanks for your reply - will give them a ring - used Brittania nearly 20yrs ago for overseas move and they were a nightmare!
Old Aug 18th 2006, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

bourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant future

Thanks for your reply - will give them a ring - used Brittania nearly 20yrs ago for overseas move and they were a nightmare!
mum used brittania 2yrs ago they were the best you could want, not cheap, but very very very good, even asked should the car be driven on too?? "errr no we are going in that thanx" LOL was a huge truck, half to france (mum) half onwardsto pain. the spanish half also had some 4x4 thing in there under the bed and etcs

and i dont promote people that dont warrant it
Old Aug 19th 2006, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bourgogne
mum used brittania 2yrs ago they were the best you could want, not cheap, but very very very good, even asked should the car be driven on too?? "errr no we are going in that thanx" LOL was a huge truck, half to france (mum) half onwardsto pain. the spanish half also had some 4x4 thing in there under the bed and etcs

and i dont promote people that dont warrant it
Thanks - I've found it really hard to get recommendations!
Old Aug 21st 2006, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

icke is an unknown quantity at this point

i have been moved to the uk by sterling some years ago. great service but expensive. thankfully the company paid for it back then...

http://www.sterlingmovers.com/

whoever you choose, please report back here since i have to pick one of those later this year too...

cheers,
o
Old Aug 21st 2006, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by icke
i have been moved to the uk by sterling some years ago. great service but expensive. thankfully the company paid for it back then...

http://www.sterlingmovers.com/

whoever you choose, please report back here since i have to pick one of those later this year too...

cheers,
o
Thanks - will report back on who I pick and how they do - we'll be off within 6-8wks!
Old Aug 26th 2006, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Rue Pasteur is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Removal companies

hi,
We moved out to Provence last October and used Alan Franklin Transport Ltd. They are based in Dorset UK although we lived in Surrey. They have storage here in the Vaucluse and Paris.They were recommended to us by friends who use them to store and ship Antiques. We were very happy with them and they have just delivered all our belongings from storage. A good team, very efficient & friendly and good value. UK no 01202 826539
Old Aug 26th 2006, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rue Pasteur
hi,
We moved out to Provence last October and used Alan Franklin Transport Ltd. They are based in Dorset UK although we lived in Surrey. They have storage here in the Vaucluse and Paris.They were recommended to us by friends who use them to store and ship Antiques. We were very happy with them and they have just delivered all our belongings from storage. A good team, very efficient & friendly and good value. UK no 01202 826539
Thanks for your reply - I've seen their ads but great to get a recommendation. Weirdly enough we're moving to Provence from Dorset so they could be ideal!
Old Aug 27th 2006, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Rue Pasteur is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply - I've seen their ads but great to get a recommendation. Weirdly enough we're moving to Provence from Dorset so they could be ideal!
Hi,
Well by all means mention me ( David Taylor) and Mike Chalon, who also used to live in Dorset. Where abouts are you going to settle here?
Old Aug 27th 2006, 11:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rue Pasteur
Hi,
Well by all means mention me ( David Taylor) and Mike Chalon, who also used to live in Dorset. Where abouts are you going to settle here?
Not sure yet but I was born in Hyeres, spent most of my childhood in Mougins, came back to England as a teenager, so will aim for the Mougins area, Valbonne etc I think. My parents who were British have both died in the last 5 years so this a bit of a going home adventure for me - I'll be glad to leave the Piddle valley!
Old Sep 13th 2006, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

sarahbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

I used go4logistics as i was recommended to them. Would recommend to others highly.

Old Sep 14th 2006, 8:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sarahbrown
I used go4logistics as i was recommended to them. Would recommend to others highly.
Thank you - been great to get so many reccomendations! We're off on a trial run in 10 days - taking what we can sqeeze into the car and renting before we ship everything!
Old Sep 14th 2006, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

johnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of light

We used Baxter's for our move and return to Germany. expensive and good.