Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Registering as French citizen

Registering as French citizen

Old May 29th 2018, 11:20 am
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Registering as French citizen

Originally Posted by Smithy73
Yes it will certain be business as usual until the end of 2020 and as you say maybe beyond.

So the Autonomo payment is discounted for 18months for anyone wanting to start a new business and then becomes €290 a month.
There are no major rules or regulations for work as self employed. You let the Gestor know (who lets the tax office know) what type of work you plan to be doing and they set the category and advise on whether you need to register for IVA (VAT) etc.
It gives you full 100% cover for health care for the family (dependants) - 15years payments gives you the basics of a state pension and it gives you sickness benefit should you become unable to work temporarily due to sickness and signed off work by a doctor - i.e. In a friend's case, had a heart attack and had 3 months off to recover.

The Autonomo payment is tax deductable. It is a great way for expats of working age to gain access to the system. In theory if you had a working business ( ie paying tax ) it also gives you unemployment benefit, based on the amount of Autonomo payments and tax paid.
I don't think the transition period is agreed though. Remember the Tory expression : nothing is agreed till everything is agreed ...
Old May 29th 2018, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Smithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annetje
I don't think the transition period is agreed though. Remember the Tory expression : nothing is agreed till everything is agreed ...
Yes the Dec 2020 transition has already been agreed. There is now today talk of this being extended to 2023

https://www.businessinsider.co.za/th...on-2023-2018-5
Old May 29th 2018, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Smithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
That's good, actually. Micro entrepreneur cotisations in France don't entitle you to any UB, although this is under discussion at the moment. And for that matter, being self employed in the UK or owning a small business doesn't give you any UB rights either. Or at least it didn't when I lived there.
Yes this is correct. I owned a Ltd company in the UK until Jan of this year and as a company director you are not entitled to any benefits at all. If you own a company you are never seen as unemployed, even if the company has no clients LOL.

The unemployment part of the Autonomo system is new and very limited, along with the sickness benefit and depends on how long you have contributed for - which is fair.

The main benefit is the instant access to the health system and as I am 45 this year the pension system later.
Old May 29th 2018, 2:21 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smithy73
Yes the Dec 2020 transition has already been agreed. There is now today talk of this being extended to 2023

https://www.businessinsider.co.za/th...on-2023-2018-5
Maybe I'm misunderstanding it all, but I think the transition period is part of the ''Nothing is agreed etc.....''

This is a statement from Mr. Barnier.

European Commission - PRESS RELEASES - Press release - Press statement by Michel Barnier following the latest round of Article 50 negotiationsWe are going to continue this work, by keeping in mind that all the points that I have just mentioned will form part of the same agreement and should therefore be agreed together. I would add that legal certainty on all of these points, including the transition, which forms part of this agreement, will only come with the ratification of the Withdrawal Agreement on both sides. Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed.

Old May 31st 2018, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

This gives you all you need to know > https://www.gov.uk/guidance/advice-f...ving-in-europe https://www.gov.uk/guidance/advice-f...nals-in-the-eu
Old May 31st 2018, 10:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Or you can go to the EU website and get basically the same info without the tosh about TM being clear (because transparent is one thing she is not) and all the "we have delivered our commitment" bollocks.
https://ec.europa.eu/unitedkingdom/s...ghts/Brexit_en