questions

Old Aug 15th 2010, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

jjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud of
Default questions

Hi,

we've just got back from a brilliant holiday in tritie-sur-mer in southern brittany, what a lovely place, back again next year, contacted campsite already, we were wondering what do the french do for work, they were all ways on the beach, do you have mot's on cars, as some look real heaps, do the french pay any kind of tax, (council,road etc).

whats it like for a country to live in or is it not quite as idilick when your living there??? would like to have some french lessons before we go back, as i felt really stupid not being able to speak french.

thanks

j.j.
Old Aug 15th 2010, 9:47 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: questions

Originally Posted by jjthefridge
Hi,

we've just got back from a brilliant holiday in tritie-sur-mer in southern brittany, what a lovely place, back again next year, contacted campsite already, we were wondering what do the french do for work, they were all ways on the beach, do you have mot's on cars, as some look real heaps, do the french pay any kind of tax, (council,road etc).

whats it like for a country to live in or is it not quite as idilick when your living there??? would like to have some french lessons before we go back, as i felt really stupid not being able to speak french.

thanks

j.j.
Everyone can appear on the Beach in August, The nation takes the month off.

Yes cars have an MOT it's call a ContrĂ´le Technique there is no Car Tax as this was abolished in favour of peages or something like that, there are two forms of housing tax one is Tax fonciere aimed at land and buildings the other is Taxe d habitation which is for living within a community both combined are typically cheaper than council tax and it is typically cheaper not to be in a town or village.

Having lived in quite a few places around the globe no where is ever idlic once you settle in for the grind, Living in a country were you don't think in the local language is always going to be a bit harder.

Having and owning a home here is still marginally cheaper than the UK, But the cost of living here now IMHO is more than the UK.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!

Having lived in quite a few places around the globe no where is ever idlic once you settle in for the grind, Living in a country were you don't think in the local language is always going to be a bit harder.
You would not believe how many people I say that to; they all look at me as if I am mad, but like you, having lived in many places, From Mon to Fri they are all the same; perhaps it is only the weekends that make a diff
France def seems more expensive to us at the mo, despite an improving ish exchange rate..
Old Aug 17th 2010, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Martin Parker will become famous soon enough

Same old story, the grass is always greener over the fence!! Thing is when you get there and look back.....................

I have also lived in numerous places and as already said, if you have to work full time it makes little difference where you live.

Having said that, it also depends on your job. Living in SW France, my ideal work would be sailing instructor in the summer and ski instructor in the winter!! unfortunately I have neither the skill or qualifications to de either.

I love living in France for the laidback life style etc, and at the weekends there is so much to get out to see and do. No going back!!
Old Aug 17th 2010, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Martin Parker
Living in SW France, my ideal work would be sailing instructor in the summer and ski instructor in the winter!! unfortunately I have neither the skill or qualifications to de either.
LOL always the same old excuses!
Old Aug 17th 2010, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Martin Parker will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dennerlymum
LOL always the same old excuses!
I can add getting too old as well if you like!!
Old Aug 17th 2010, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

well you look a darn sight younger than me!!