Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Question for people who have gites/holiday homes

Question for people who have gites/holiday homes

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

beigey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question for people who have gites/holiday homes

Ok, this may be more of a rant but I do have very valid questions about people who rent gites/holiday apartments:

- Why do so many of them complain about the most ridiculous things (i.e. "oooh its too hot here" - urgh yes, this is provence in July/August)

- Why, after signing the contract and paying the deposit do they bitch about a damage deposit and try to offer you what they deem is "more reasonable"?

- Why do they think that with the 500 euros they have paid you they own your ass, think they can say what they like to you and that they have single handedly paid for your whole families retirement fund?

- Why do they hide pans in the oven, rubbish in the cupboards, insist on pouring juice under the dining table and leaving it to dry?

- why do they think that by renting your property you are their friend/free tour guide/travel advisor/gourmet guide/shopping guide? Then when you do give them some tips and recommendations they complain that the shop was closed at 1pm or the place was closed for the month of August or they thought it was too expensive/too cheap, "not exactly what we had in mind"!!

Needless to say the summer is coming to an end and I am NOT doing this next year - fortunately it is my mother in laws property I agreed to manage and after some hideous clients (the minority, granted) I have lost the shread of faith I had in humankind and need to bail in order to preserve my sanity.

For a list of stupid complaints I am happy to add them ... my polite replies have become actually incredibly sarcastic, borderline rude curt responses as I spin on my heels and disappear - if someone wants to call me to complain that its too f-ing hot outside in July in Provence then you really should have gone to Sweden love!

Last edited by beigey; Sep 2nd 2009 at 6:24 pm. Reason: edited for incoherence!!!
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 7:06 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question for people who have gites/holiday homes

Welcome to MY world!