Wikiposts

psychologist?

Old Apr 13th 2009, 3:10 am
Just Joined

amyd33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default psychologist?

hello, i'm new to this forum so i aplogise for any of the forthcoming mistakes.... !
er, i'm recently engaged and my hubby-to-be and i are looking into moving to the south of france, perhaps toulouse (he attended the ist for a year and a bit) - the lure of the climate! however, i am unsure whether my profession would be suitable for the french way of life.
i am a recently-promoted consultant clinical psychologist although i have also completed training from the forensic perspective, and my fiancé is a g.p.
he has been ensured a placement should it come down to it, however, i am concerned about how things may pan out for me - this may be the factor that is decisive about whether we move or not.
i'm just wondering if anyone has any insight? thankyou so much!

i now realise i may have posted this in the wrong section of the forum - if this is the case, i apologise.

Last edited by amyd33; Apr 13th 2009 at 3:40 am.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 3:59 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: psychologist?

Originally Posted by amyd33
hello, i'm new to this forum so i aplogise for any of the forthcoming mistakes.... !
er, i'm recently engaged and my hubby-to-be and i are looking into moving to the south of france, perhaps toulouse (he attended the ist for a year and a bit) - the lure of the climate! however, i am unsure whether my profession would be suitable for the french way of life.
i am a recently-promoted consultant clinical psychologist although i have also completed training from the forensic perspective, and my fiancé is a g.p.
he has been ensured a placement should it come down to it, however, i am concerned about how things may pan out for me - this may be the factor that is decisive about whether we move or not.
i'm just wondering if anyone has any insight? thankyou so much!

i now realise i may have posted this in the wrong section of the forum - if this is the case, i apologise.
Check out if your paperwork is OK in France.

Sit down and tell me why you are afraid to use capital letters in your text ?
How long have you been like this ?
Can you speak French ?

Only joking with the text bit. ;-))
Old Apr 13th 2009, 4:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr
Check out if your paperwork is OK in France.

Sit down and tell me why you are afraid to use capital letters in your text ?
How long have you been like this ?
Can you speak French ?

Only joking with the text bit. ;-))
i have checked it out and so far it looks good!
haha, both the caps lock key and the arrow are broken on my keyboard so i'm using character map for punctuation etc - i should really look into getting that remedied.
i can speak a substantial amount, enough to get by, although i plan on taking an intensive language course.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 4:08 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

i have checked it out and so far it looks good!
haha, both the caps lock key and the arrow are broken on my keyboard so i'm using character map for punctuation etc - i should really look into getting that remedied.
i can speak a substantial amount, enough to get by, although i plan on taking an intensive language course.
Val50 that used to be the mod on here will give you lots of info if she sees this thread.
You may need to hang on a bit though for Val to log in.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 5:41 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
Val50 that used to be the mod on here will give you lots of info if she sees this thread.
You may need to hang on a bit though for Val to log in.
Thats Val50 Who (Not That) used to be on here as a Mod, Oh and while were at it she used to be 50 so maybe Sue should fix that

Anyroad for the OP (Original Poster) A lot of this is going to revolve around your French Language Abilities, Which will need to be strong but considering your technical training sticking French under your belts should not be an issue if you study intensely. What would probably suit your OH (Other Half) is being a Re Emplacement Doctor to begin with basically covering other Doctors which would give him a broader entrance to being a GP in France. I was under the impression that having a Degree in Medicine was about the only Qualification that is recognized across the globe along with being a JAR-PPL (Pilot) and above. Val will be able to help further as she is a Qualified RGN.

Got me on the Shrink Stuff other than this image strikes me as a pair of lungs not a butterfly.

Old Apr 13th 2009, 5:48 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Thats Val50 Who (Not That) used to be on here as a Mod, Oh and while were at it she used to be 50 so maybe Sue should fix that

Ahem. The 50 in val's username refers to where she lives, Manche, 50. It's lucky she's not 6 km further east, where our house is in Calvados. No-one would take her seriously if she was val14.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Ahem. The 50 in val's username refers to where she lives, Manche, 50. It's lucky she's not 6 km further east, where our house is in Calvados. No-one would take her seriously if she was val14.
Or Val09 I had always put it down to an Age thing. Frollocks she is going to be pissed with me.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 6:30 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Or Val09 I had always put it down to an Age thing. Frollocks she is going to be pissed with me.
You`re, as in (you are) in the shit now re ages.

I am glad you have qualified mods as who and not that.
I must remember to read my dikshunairy and gramah books afore or before posting in France.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 9:51 am
Just Joined

okay, thank you all for your help
Old Apr 13th 2009, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Palaja, near Carcassonne, Department of Aude, France
Roger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea concerning facilities you need in Toulouse - but I am sure Montpellier has such facilities. Most doctors, surgeons, psychologists and psychiatrists in the Languedoc trained in Montpellier which is near the Med. and also has a reasonable airport. Toulouse can be very hot and sticky in summer and cold and damp in winter as it has a southern continental climate, whereas Montpellier has a Mediterannean maritime climate - your choice!

University of Montpellier, at Montpellier, France; founded 1220 by Cardinal Conrad and confirmed by papal bull. The university was suppressed during the French Revolution and replaced by faculties of medicine, pharmacy, science, and letters of the Univ. of France. It was reestablished as a university in 1896. In 1970 it was divided into three units: Univ. of Montpellier I (where the medical school is located), Univ. of Montpellier II (also known as Univ. of Technical Sciences, with faculties of engineering, sciences, and business management), and Univ. of Montpellier III (Paul Valéry Univ., with faculties of arts, letters, philosophy and linguistics, languages, literature, human and environmental sciences, economics, mathematics, and social sciences).
PS My friend of the "butterfly" - if those are lungs, they are of a two headed alien?

Last edited by Roger O; Apr 13th 2009 at 10:49 am.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by Roger O
I have no idea concerning facilities you need in Toulouse - but I am sure Montpellier has such facilities. Most doctors, surgeons, psychologists and psychiatrists in the Languedoc trained in Montpellier which is near the Med. and also has a reasonable airport. Toulouse can be very hot and sticky in summer and cold and damp in winter as it has a southern continental climate, whereas Montpellier has a Mediterannean maritime climate - your choice!

PS My friend of the "butterfly" - if those are lungs, they are of a two headed alien?
Paranoid Delusional In need of immediate Head Shinking
Old Apr 13th 2009, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Palaja, near Carcassonne, Department of Aude, France
Roger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond repute

Paranoid Delusional In need of immediate Head Shinking
Not really - if you think they are lungs how do you explain the two "tracheae" at the top??
Old Apr 13th 2009, 11:26 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Not really - if you think they are lungs how do you explain the two "tracheae" at the top??
That`s his pistols showing up. ;-)
Old Apr 14th 2009, 5:29 am
Just Joined

I have no idea concerning facilities you need in Toulouse - but I am sure Montpellier has such facilities.
thanks for the suggestion it is something we will definitely bear in mind!
Old Apr 14th 2009, 6:56 am

thanks for the suggestion it is something we will definitely bear in mind!
Rangueil Hospital in Toulouse which is France's leading University Hospital has a reasonably sized Heading Shrinking Department and I know that if your French is up to pace, They would certainly like an English Speaking Psychologist.

Sites Covering Toulouse under University Status HERE

Points of Contact for Each Hospital and Department HERE Scroll Down to Psychiatrie section all sites have departments. So it's a question of shoe horning to fit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.