Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Price of Shutters

Price of Shutters

Old Jan 23rd 2019, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

porvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really nice
Default Price of Shutters

Hi
We are buying a property close to Brantome (Dordogne) and the property has no shutters on the windows or doors, as the current owners are not keen on them. This is going to be a holiday home, so apart from the aesthetics of the shutters there is also the security angle.

I know that prices will vary due to size, materials etc but can anyone give me an idea of what a typical window shutter might cost. As per the pic? Many thanks
Old Jan 23rd 2019, 4:46 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Price of Shutters

Originally Posted by porvera
Hi
We are buying a property close to Brantome (Dordogne) and the property has no shutters on the windows or doors, as the current owners are not keen on them. This is going to be a holiday home, so apart from the aesthetics of the shutters there is also the security angle.

I know that prices will vary due to size, materials etc but can anyone give me an idea of what a typical window shutter might cost. As per the pic? Many thanks

Depends what sort you get because you can retro fit new windows with roller shutters which tends to be what is done these days, Shutters from brico "DIY" stores tend to be as secure as tin foil.

If you want solid wooden shutters then get someone in for a quote a company in the atelier menuiserie et fenĂȘtres" line of work like THIS FIRM <---------click the link

Old Jan 23rd 2019, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Price of Shutters

You're wise to install shutters.
They are not mandatory for an owner occupier, but certainly advisable. For those who don't have them, and don't care, wait until you have a break-in and make an insurance claim - assuming you have insurance! They'll probably show you the 'small print', and smile, or pay a small % of any items lost.
If you have a Bricot Depot in your vicinity, check them out. I've seen a whole range of wooden shutters reasonably priced which appear to be quite sturdy.