Reload this Page >

Physician Moving to France

Physician Moving to France

Old Sep 5th 2011, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

Jummo21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Physician Moving to France

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had anything definitive about the possibility and requirements of moving to France as a doctor. I have been searching the sites and have not found a clear path.

I have a couple of different scenarios--if anyone could provide any information, it would be greatly appreciated!

My husband has gotten his MD degree in the US and I am a french citizen.
--How can he practice in the UK?
--Will it help if he is a French citizen (making him an EU citizen) in moving and working in the UK?
--If he is able to get approved by the GMC in the UK, can that equivalence recognition be transferred to being able to practice in France??

Thank you for your time and any responses!
Jummo21
Old Sep 5th 2011, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Physician Moving to France

I would guess being a European citizen would be easier in the UK but dont know for certain
As for the rest cant help; sorry!
Old Sep 5th 2011, 8:26 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Physician Moving to France

Originally Posted by Jummo21
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had anything definitive about the possibility and requirements of moving to France as a doctor. I have been searching the sites and have not found a clear path.

I have a couple of different scenarios--if anyone could provide any information, it would be greatly appreciated!

My husband has gotten his MD degree in the US and I am a french citizen.
--How can he practice in the UK?
--Will it help if he is a French citizen (making him an EU citizen) in moving and working in the UK?
--If he is able to get approved by the GMC in the UK, can that equivalence recognition be transferred to being able to practice in France??

Thank you for your time and any responses!
Jummo21
Welcome to the forum, I know we have a few members in the French section that English trained doctors that have moved to or return to France. Not so long ago we had a thread or two in this section on coming over from the UK to France as a qualified GP.

Cant help with the USA to UK part but it honestly cant be that difficult once you have a medical degree as the UK has a lot of foreign doctors employed within the NHS.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=doctor

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...king+as+doctor

Once again Welcome to the Forum