Photos

Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:39 am

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Photos

Bonjour Moose! Thanks for that. I like to convey a sense of space and time with my pics really. I also like to give the viewer something to think about if possible. I know this all sounds incredibly 'arty farty' but it's genuinely how I feel. It's what I look for when I'm wandering around either with, or without a camera.

I'd like to see some of DC's paintings too, and am hoping for a glimpse in 7 days or so!

I'd love to be able to paint. I can draw, but sadly painting's something I can only do by numbers. My youngest lad has a real talent with art, and The Boss used to have a mean eye for pastels too. I'm envious of anyone who can truly create like that.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

themoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond repute

Bonjour Mr Chant, i hope you are well.

I am sure that DC's work will be good, just looking at her image. There is something with both photo and picture that does give you time, helps you relax and just enjoy that captured image. Liked the breakfast table (other thread). reminded me of my inlaws (loire) and having a coffee watching the birds on the river. That was a relaxing morning........maybe that is why she is known as dreamcatcher!
On that note i am looking forward to seeing her picures, bet they are brill too. You both may start a thing here, which isnt bad.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 2:27 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

From the same set as the sunrise. Another I initially overlooked. I've just framed this up in a nice light beech frame for the large gite and it looks cool. Really happy with the sky on this one. It took a bit of work to make the chateau show some relief, rather than being hidden in shadow. Hope you like it too.

Old Dec 5th 2007, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

themoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond repute

Stu, this is superb.
I bet it looks stunning in the gite, framed. You should put them up (sadly) for sale to those visiting.

There is a real depth to that sky. You can almost feel the ridges in the cloud.
Love it
Old Dec 5th 2007, 2:49 pm

Thanks Moose.

The nice thing is, I suppose that I have the originals (I really MUST do a back up soon....), so printing more off isn't a problem. The other thing is that I have NO idea what to charge. Alain (local bar owner) has asked me the same question....
Old Dec 5th 2007, 6:15 pm

dreamcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Brill photo.

I got the hint to
Old Dec 5th 2007, 6:52 pm

Here's one to hopefully get you all in the Christmas spirit! Taken while walking the dog in the forest yesterday.

Old Dec 5th 2007, 7:22 pm

Flippen heck Le Chant I hope you are seriously going to do something with your photos.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 7:29 pm

Burn 'em at midnight possibly, DC....

I'm playing nice at the 'mo. I haven't really got a clue what to do with them. I'm quite enjoying showing them off though. It's nice that you like them. The Boss is well pleased with the prints I've done for the gites, so that's something! She likes what I'm doing, so that's good.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 7:33 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Le Chant
Burn 'em at midnight possibly, DC....

I'm playing nice at the 'mo. I haven't really got a clue what to do with them. I'm quite enjoying showing them off though. It's nice that you like them. The Boss is well pleased with the prints I've done for the gites, so that's something! She likes what I'm doing, so that's good.
Nows the time to ask for a pay rise. lol
Old Dec 5th 2007, 7:50 pm

Racking my brain here.If you got gites,perhaps you could have copies of the photos you put up in them for sale.Maybe a book ,calenders,framed ones posters?Im sure you and The Boss(bless) could start that way,then who knows the world.The site Weirdstone put up has loads ideas.You could put up an exhibition that would be cool.Your local restaurants ect,framed prints.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:16 pm

Cheers DC. Well, our local bar owner, Alain wants me to display some on the walls of his bistro. I've already printed and framed a few for our gites here, and I'll have to think of prices, I suppose. I'll have a change around of the office walls too, and make sure there are plenty hung here for when guests come in. I have a few ideas; marketing I'm good at. Pricing them is another thing altogether!
Old Dec 6th 2007, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Another beauty today Stu.

Why not add up the total cost in producing them and then add 50%, which leaves room for negotiation. You could even do a collection of similar themed photo's in those spaced out frames. People visiting the gites are always looking for holiday gifts to take back. They visit those awful poster / card shops and buy at massively inflated prices. With you offering them them for sale, knowing that they then wouldnt have to go out looking (i hate shopping!) takes the pressure off and lets them have a more relaxing break. You could give an original at a fraction of the cost.

You could either put the price at bottom of picture or at the end of the holiday list given to the next guest.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 7:50 pm

Just to show that I don't just meander around France taking landscapes...

Sometimes, I look up too.....

Old Dec 6th 2007, 8:06 pm

Breathtaking.Dont know what to say,love it

I put a couple of paintings up on the other thread for ya(dont laugh at my photo effort.)

That photo is just wow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.