Photos

Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:24 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Photos

Thanks all.

Tiddly, yeah....it's a 'quiet light' here. Great for painting as well as photography. Then again, I tend to choose my times pretty carefully when I have a certain view in mind. Early mornings or late afternoon/early evenings are always best.

It can be fierce in high summer though, but still worth a shot or two!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:43 am

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

Just a couple more, processed last night from my early morning session yesterday. My turn again tomorrow. The Boss was on earlies this morning and said that the sun was just amazing first thing! Typical, eh?

Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

sdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud of

Hi,

I have to say your photos are really quite stunning, and I am very impressed. So much so, I've decided to get out there and launch myself into the amateur world of photography. I don't have time to do all the touching up part, though so you'll have to tell me what you think as and when I post on here.....

Steven
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:21 am

Thanks Steven, that's very kind. I'm chuffed that my pics have interested you enough to want to take your own. Look forward to seeing them here!

Take care.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud of

Hi Le Chant - great pics as usual
just have a question for you - OH off to buy me my next lens something with range 70-300mm and in your opinion are the image stabalising lens's worth the extra money?

Love and best wishes
PJ

P.s im concentrating on portraits at the moment and heres some i took the other day

PJ
Attached Thumbnails Photos-img_1617_1.jpg   Photos-img_1623_1.jpg   Photos-img_1633_1.jpg  
Old Feb 28th 2008, 6:42 pm

PJ, she's a natural! Gorgeous shots, fantastic model!

Yes, go for the image stabilised lens every time. I would if I could afford them! I believe they're just a better glass all round? Could you try them on your camera body before buying? That way, if there's a difference, you'll see it straight away!

Great shots. More please!
Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

themoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond repute

Great shots PJ. She looks like she should be on a magazine:

Love the picture with the mist Stu, so 'stunning morning' shot
wish i was on that boat enjoying life though
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:08 pm

dreamcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Lovely photos Le Chant as usual
PJ,they are really beautiful
Moose you lovely fluffy thing
Old Feb 29th 2008, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

wish i was on that boat enjoying life though[/QUOTE]

don't we all
think that's the great thing about Stu's photo's - he gives us all the chance to escape and dream through the pictures he takes - keep them coming

lovely photo's PJ, she is so cute, hope you are all having a great time
Old Feb 29th 2008, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

paulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Le Chant
PJ, she's a natural! Gorgeous shots, fantastic model!

Yes, go for the image stabilised lens every time. I would if I could afford them! I believe they're just a better glass all round? Could you try them on your camera body before buying? That way, if there's a difference, you'll see it straight away!

Great shots. More please!
Thanks for the advice
What is the average sort of price for the IS dont wanna be paying over the odds for them,
is the range that im looking at a good next lens? there are so many out there and wanted one with a decent range for all the pictures i miss of the little fishing boats
Old Feb 29th 2008, 6:32 am

PJ. Sorry, I'm about to leave for Paris for a few days. If I can log on there, I will and hopefully have a chat then, if not, it'll be in a few days when I get back. Just so's you don't think I'm being ignorant.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

sdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud of

OK, here we go, this is gonna be brave of me now, as I've never shown my photos, so I'm open to criticism of al (reasonable) nature. No, really, just tell me what you think.

Here are a couple of my daughter to begin with, followed by one of my cats, I'll put some more up later (if you like).

Steven
Attached Thumbnails Photos-new-090.jpg   Photos-new-092.jpg   Photos-art-004.jpg   Photos-art-005.jpg   Photos-art-006.jpg  

Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

In fact I couldn't wait, so here are the rest - a local park at dusk.

Steven
Attached Thumbnails Photos-art-039.jpg   Photos-art-045.jpg   Photos-art-054.jpg   Photos-art-055.jpg   Photos-art-048.jpg  

Old Mar 2nd 2008, 1:19 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sdale100
OK, here we go, this is gonna be brave of me now, as I've never shown my photos, so I'm open to criticism of al (reasonable) nature. No, really, just tell me what you think.

Here are a couple of my daughter to begin with, followed by one of my cats, I'll put some more up later (if you like).

Steven
If you're after a tip... With your daughter, have a look to see if there's a 'central' portrait focus area on your camera. Many of them have 'portrait' mode.
When you have this area, make sure that you focus on the eyes. Cameras usually pick up the nearest thing to focus on and that's the nose! This has happened in the second pic along of your daughter.
She's very cute and a natural subject. The light is nice, though you could afford to drop your exposure a touch and still come out winning.
I would also recommend you get in much tighter with her face and crop much of the background out... this will give the face much more focus and attention from the viewer.
I can show you a pic of my son I did:

My rule of thumb is that if the background doesn't 'make' the shot, lose it. Crop down and get rid.

Your light from the window is very nicely caught... kids don't usually photograph well in white.. denim or darker colours work really well... and no shoes or socks... because their feet are so cute.

I think your landscape shots are beautiful.

Keep taking.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 2:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sdale100
In fact I couldn't wait, so here are the rest - a local park at dusk.

Steven
I love these shots & particularly no 4 of these trees is really eerie
No tips I'm afraid 'cos I am no photographer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.