Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Person items to France = Import taxes?

Wikiposts

Person items to France = Import taxes?

Old Sep 15th 2010, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Person items to France = Import taxes?

Originally Posted by nula
Because, "Her Britannic Majesty's Secretary of State Requests and requires in the Name of Her Majesty all those whom it may concern to allow the bearer to pass freely without let or hindrance..." (passport inside cover)
Doesn't mention possessions in the passport does it?

If they are personal possessions then you should be ok but I agree with the comments regarding receipts and packing lists etc

good luck
Old Sep 15th 2010, 10:31 am
Just Joined

nula is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Person items to France = Import taxes?

Originally Posted by Im_and_Er
That refers to you not your imported goods and chattels, and I said they could not would. As has been said it depends on exactly what you are importing.

And you would stop them how ?

Do I sense just a hint of the colonial mentality at work

Oh, dear, you didn't see it was a joke?

I've lived in too many countries most of my life to have a colonial attitude. I'm a master Liberal.