Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Passport Renewal

Passport Renewal

Old Mar 15th 2011, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Passport Renewal

I've just done a quick search but can't find the answer to this query - surprisingly enough - so can someone please advise:

I have to renew my UK passport before the end of the year & prefer to do it sooner rather than later - and will require it for a U.S visit early May.
I guess Paris is the place for renewal. How long does this normally take and what's the current fee?
Thanks.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 8:22 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport Renewal

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
I've just done a quick search but can't find the answer to this query - surprisingly enough - so can someone please advise:

I have to renew my UK passport before the end of the year & prefer to do it sooner rather than later - and will require it for a U.S visit early May.
I guess Paris is the place for renewal. How long does this normally take and what's the current fee?
Thanks.
Hi,
this should help
http://ukinfrance.fco.gov.uk/en/help...y/france#where

but if you mean May 2011, it's cutting it a bit fine (both the delivery time and US Visa processing time). I'd renew it when you get back...
Good luck, whenever! (I'm dreading the same operation next year...)
Old Mar 16th 2011, 10:07 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dmu
Hi,
this should help
http://ukinfrance.fco.gov.uk/en/help...y/france#where

but if you mean May 2011, it's cutting it a bit fine (both the delivery time and US Visa processing time). I'd renew it when you get back...
Good luck, whenever! (I'm dreading the same operation next year...)
If he is a UK Citizen then they come under the Visa Wavier Program so now have to use the Electronic Whatsi thingy for pre'appoval entry to the US unless you decide to apply for a B2 Vistors visa which you would only need if you visiting trip was beyond the 90 days that the VWP allows.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 10:22 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
If he is a UK Citizen then they come under the Visa Wavier Program so now have to use the Electronic Whatsi thingy for pre'appoval entry to the US unless you decide to apply for a B2 Vistors visa which you would only need if you visiting trip was beyond the 90 days that the VWP allows.
That's good to know, thanks!
Old Mar 16th 2011, 11:50 am
Just Joined

melbatb is an unknown quantity at this point

Every time we have renewed via Paris it has taken less than 2 weeks- the last time was 6 days!

Now, also, if you have less than 9 months to go, they will add this onto the expiry date. So you can get a passport of 10 years 9months validity!

I am not sure but you may have to have 6 months left on yiur passport to visit the USA???? May be worth checking!
Old Mar 16th 2011, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

our passport renewal and that of friends were also very quick I am also pretty certain you need 6 months left for US visits
Old Mar 16th 2011, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Great info. Thanks to all.
Old Mar 18th 2011, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

EmilyA is an unknown quantity at this point

Although it costs more, you can do a same day renewal at a passport office in the UK. We did ours in London, dropped off at about 9am and collected mid-afternoon.
Old Mar 18th 2011, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by EmilyA
Although it costs more, you can do a same day renewal at a passport office in the UK. We did ours in London, dropped off at about 9am and collected mid-afternoon.
Thanks. Good to know, in fact not been back to UK in donkeys 'ears. May even have forgotten the lingo.....
Old Mar 30th 2011, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

sophieb is an unknown quantity at this point

I renewed my passport through the Embassy in Paris at the end of last year. I expected it to take about a month but they charged my credit card within a couple of days of me sending the application and I had a new passport back about a week later.

Cost was 160 euros plus you have to pay 18 euros for them to courier it back to you!!

Last edited by sophieb; Mar 30th 2011 at 2:19 pm.