Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Pass Sanitaire - 9th August 2021

Pass Sanitaire - 9th August 2021

Old Aug 9th 2021, 11:55 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pass Sanitaire - 9th August 2021

As from today, we must present a Pass Sanitaire (proving double-vaccination and/or negative PCR test and/or recovery from Covid), in order to be allowed into restaurants, cinemas, museums, longish-distance trains, ... and many other places where many people are grouped together. There'll be a period of tolerance this week, before fines are levied.
Those, like me, who haven't got a Smartphone smart enough for such apps, can download and print out their Certificate from the Ameli site.
Keep safe, all!
Old Aug 9th 2021, 6:58 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pass Sanitaire - 9th August 2021

The French TV news just confirmed that the Pass Sanitaire is also required to enter hospitals, etc..., e.g. for consultations, but not for emergencies.
Old Aug 9th 2021, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

I got to use mine last weekend for an event (paper version, I'm not a big mobile phone user). I handed over my carte vitale as ID, as I wasn't carrying my passport, and they were okay with that - the lady said they're not the police, but they did require some form of ID to confirm the name.
After the 30th September, having a pass sanitaire won't help me much if I'm out with the family, as I won't be getting my children (11 and 12) vaccinated until there's much better evidence out there.

I went for a drink in the city last weekend, and asked the barman when the new protocol was coming in - he said they'll be checking from the 9th.
I also heard somebody say today, that they went to two places to eat, and neither of them asked for the pass sanitaire. I suspect a certain number of bars and restaurants won't check.

Old Aug 10th 2021, 6:50 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by G-J-B
I got to use mine last weekend for an event (paper version, I'm not a big mobile phone user). I handed over my carte vitale as ID, as I wasn't carrying my passport, and they were okay with that - the lady said they're not the police, but they did require some form of ID to confirm the name.
After the 30th September, having a pass sanitaire won't help me much if I'm out with the family, as I won't be getting my children (11 and 12) vaccinated until there's much better evidence out there.

I went for a drink in the city last weekend, and asked the barman when the new protocol was coming in - he said they'll be checking from the 9th.
I also heard somebody say today, that they went to two places to eat, and neither of them asked for the pass sanitaire.
I suspect a certain number of bars and restaurants won't check.
Apparently the restaurants/bars will also be fined if it's discovered that a client hasn't got a Pass, so it's in their interest to check
I haven't got a link, but The Connexion has given a comprehensive list of all the venues where the Pass is compulsory.
Old Aug 10th 2021, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

From what I've read subsequently it sounds like it won't be enforced too much this week (perhaps hence the laid back attitude), but will probably change from next week, so I suspect most places will be insisting on it.
I understand if a bar or restaurant doesn't check they can be fined, but is the individual fined as well, or is that only the case if they're using fraudulent passes?
Old Aug 10th 2021, 12:34 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by G-J-B
From what I've read subsequently it sounds like it won't be enforced too much this week (perhaps hence the laid back attitude), but will probably change from next week, so I suspect most places will be insisting on it.
I understand if a bar or restaurant doesn't check they can be fined, but is the individual fined as well, or is that only the case if they're using fraudulent passes?
Both parties will be fined. The client without a Pass or with a fraudulent one, and the bar/resto owner/manager. The latter can't demand to see the client's ID, but, if suspicious, can call the Police, who is legally competent to do so.
Old Aug 10th 2021, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the clarification DMU. So basically if you don't have the pass, but go to an event that should require it, but doesn't ask for it, you could potentially be in trouble.
I can't see many establishments or associations calling the police for ID checks though. Without seeing some form of ID, it would be so easy to use a copy of almost anybody's QR code. I suspect it will be easily abused until they adopt some other form of measure.
Old Aug 11th 2021, 3:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it's a case of establishments or associations calling the police to do ID checks. I think this will be a routine thing that the police will do from now on, like they go round markets to check that stallholders have their paperwork in order. They will suddenly rock up at a café or restaurant and go round checking ID.
The café or restaurant won't be fined if they've accepted a fraudulent pass. They would be fined if they hadn't checked the person's pass, but the person produces a pass and the pass gives a green tick on the app, that's all they're required to check. I think the only places that will not check passes are the ones who are making a point of defying the law, the ones with posters outside saying that they object. Nobody is going to simply not bother to check, it's not like it's hard to do, and the fines for not bothering are sufficient to ensure compliance from everyone except hardline objectors.
Old Sep 21st 2021, 7:02 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

FWIW, on the way to visiting DD1 in Germany, I ate in a French restaurant indoors and no one asked to see my Pass Sanitaire. In fact the only times I had to produce it were at the Airport and in the French hotel where I stopped off on the way home. No more direct flights back and it was easier to return by train, but no one asked for the P.S. in the two trains which I took in France. Go figure....
(This isn't an invitation for the non-vaccinated to travel by train, on the off-chance of not being checked!)
Old Sep 21st 2021, 8:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

I seem to remember reading that SNCF had come to an agreement with the government that they did not have to check every passenger's pass, because they simply don't have the staff to do it..
My impression is that all the SNCF stations I have used, which is a grand total of three so not a massive sample, have had signs on all the entrance doors and on the platforms and plastered everywhere in the hall if there is one, saying that you must have a pass sanitaire. As you say they don't do systematic checks. I guess they rely on random swoops by the gendarmes to make people think twice about ignoring it.
In one train I was on, the ticket controller walked up and down and didn't ask to see any tickets but she seemed to be checking mask because she approached a chap in my carriage who was wearing his mask round his chin. He apologised profusely and immediately adjusted his mask.
Old Sep 21st 2021, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Wife did a long train journey last week and wasn't asked, but every terrace or place I've eaten at have insisted on it, and that's been in different areas of the country. Also needed it to climb to the top of an ancient tower within a town, which had just opened to the public and was free to enter.
It seems ironic you don't need it on the Paris metro, but then it would be a heck of job policing that.

The schools are now sending notes, asking for a parents signature to allow their 12 year old+ child to get vaccinated.
Old Sep 21st 2021, 10:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I just this minute received an email from améli telling me I can book a booster as soon as it's 6 months since my second jab.
Old Sep 21st 2021, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point

How does that work for tourists who don't have a pass sanitaire?
Old Sep 21st 2021, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bons
How does that work for tourists who don't have a pass sanitaire?
There is a thread about this where cyrian gave his/her experience of it. It's an ongoing thread so it will be near the top, maybe the next one down from this?
I think basically you use your NHS vaccination certificate and hope it works.
Old Sep 21st 2021, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
There is a thread about this where cyrian gave his/her experience of it. It's an ongoing thread so it will be near the top, maybe the next one down from this?
I think basically you use your NHS vaccination certificate and hope it works.
OK thanks. I'm usually on the Portuguese thread, but I'm passing through France soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.