British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   France (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/)
-   -   Pass-sanitaire (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/pass-sanitaire-939724/)

cator Jul 26th 2021 7:06 am

Pass-sanitaire

I got Bells Palsy after first shot of moderna. After 5 weeks I saw my doctor who asked for antibody test against covid and this was positive with 626 antibodies G. Although he had promised the pass, the following week he back tracked after speaking with someone at the ministry who said that since I had recovered from the paralysis, I must have a second shot before I qualify for the pass. In fact I am still receiving treatment for my eye with drops for another 6 months so I have not fully recovered from the inflamed nerve in my head which controls my eye. Don't know what to do now since another shot is likely to aggrevate the nerve and lead to a worse situation. An emg test shows peripheral neuropathy.

dmu Jul 26th 2021 8:22 am

Re: Pass-sanitaire

Originally Posted by cator (Post 13033408)
I got Bells Palsy after first shot of moderna. After 5 weeks I saw my doctor who asked for antibody test against covid and this was positive with 626 antibodies G. Although he had promised the pass, the following week he back tracked after speaking with someone at the ministry who said that since I had recovered from the paralysis, I must have a second shot before I qualify for the pass. In fact I am still receiving treatment for my eye with drops for another 6 months so I have not fully recovered from the inflamed nerve in my head which controls my eye. Don't know what to do now since another shot is likely to aggrevate the nerve and lead to a worse situation. An emg test shows peripheral neuropathy.

Sorry to hear this. Apparently the fact of having had one vaccination and subsequently producing antibodies, doesn't entitle one to have a Pass Sanitaire. I may be wrong, but if you want to travel outside of France (or simply take a train or go to the cinema, etc...within France), you yourself will probably have to do a PCR test on each occasion. The way things are going and being dealt with, even double-vaccinated people may also need PCR tests, too, in the future. The regulations seem to change from one day to the next...
Best contact your local CPAM directly, as there must be others in your situation, and they are the ones who get the instructions from above, before the doctors.
HTH

EuroTrash Jul 26th 2021 9:54 am

For a pass sanitaire you have to meet at least one out of three criteria: either you must be fully vaccinated and the required period of time after full vaccination must have elapsed, or you must have had a negative test within the last 48 hours, or you must have a ceritificate confirming you tested positive and recovered between 11 days ago and 6 months ago. Those are the only three criteria for the pass sanitaire, according to my current instructions.
There is no mention of antibody tests,
As I understand it, an antibody test doesn't mean you have immunity and it doesn't mean you can't pass the virus on if you get it.
Unfortunately it looks like you will need negative tests unless or until they come up with another option for folks who for whatever reason can't get fully vaccinated right now. Maybe they'll agree keep refunding the costs of the test in those cases, that would seem fair. But it will still be extra hassle.
Sorry to hear about your situation, wishing you a speedy recovery.

cyrian Jul 26th 2021 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by cator (Post 13033408)
I got Bells Palsy after first shot of moderna. .

That is unfortunate.
Bells palsy is a side effect of Covid-19 and you are more likely to experience that if you are un-vaccinated.
There have been a few cases reported after both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.
The symptoms should hopefully subside.
Hope you recover.

cator Aug 1st 2021 7:35 pm

Thanks for the advice dmu, I will definitely contact the CPAM.

cator Aug 1st 2021 7:39 pm

Thanks for reading my post cyrian. I recovered after approx 5 weeks but I now have to put drops in my eye for sometime. There ought to be some kind of info for those who were vaccinated but cannot take the second shot to avoid more complications.

cator Aug 1st 2021 7:43 pm

Thanks for your comments EuroTrash. There ought to be some kind of procedure for cases like mine. The antibodies was the doctor's idea but he finally was advised as you say that the antibodies are not enough