Reload this Page >

Paris-London flats exchange rent

Paris-London flats exchange rent

Old Dec 30th 2014, 11:42 am
Just Joined

AlGK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Paris-London flats exchange rent

hello

i am looking for a Londoner who works in Paris, has property in London and is looking for a place to rent in Paris.

i have a flat in Paris and i work in London. i commute every week from Paris to London, staying in London Monday-Thursday (i work part-time). during these days i rent a place in London. during those days my flat stays empty which is not an optimized approach.

therefore, i would like to find someone in a similar position as mine (ideally a Londoner working part-time in Paris and going back weekly or so to London)- we could rent our flats to each other (i might also be interested to consider renting a room in a house) and not have to pay for the rent during the work days in London (for me) and in Paris (for you).

i would also like to consider a mid- or long-term mutual rent (and not just a scenario when we both would return to our countries, flats in the end of each working week), since i might go full-time soon.

please contact me if you think you might be interested so that we discuss in more details.

thank you
AlGK
Old Dec 30th 2014, 12:44 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paris-London flats exchange rent

Originally Posted by AlGK
hello

i am looking for a Londoner who works in Paris, has property in London and is looking for a place to rent in Paris.

i have a flat in Paris and i work in London. i commute every week from Paris to London, staying in London Monday-Thursday (i work part-time). during these days i rent a place in London. during those days my flat stays empty which is not an optimized approach.

therefore, i would like to find someone in a similar position as mine (ideally a Londoner working part-time in Paris and going back weekly or so to London)- we could rent our flats to each other (i might also be interested to consider renting a room in a house) and not have to pay for the rent during the work days in London (for me) and in Paris (for you).

i would also like to consider a mid- or long-term mutual rent (and not just a scenario when we both would return to our countries, flats in the end of each working week), since i might go full-time soon.

please contact me if you think you might be interested so that we discuss in more details.

thank you
AlGK
You'd probably find it a lot cheaper to rent somewhere in Sevenoaks or Tunbridge Wells and commute as both towns are on the mainline and never short of first time buyers in those towns that will rent a room out to help with the mortgage and probably at a reduced rate when you chuck in accommodation in Paris
Old Dec 30th 2014, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

AlGK is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you for the reply and advice.
my whole idea is however, not to pay any rent and to swap flats with someone who owns property in London (or has a long-term rent).
probably i didn't explain myself clearly in my initial post, or am having difficulties in understanding you?
Old Dec 30th 2014, 5:01 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlGK
thank you for the reply and advice.
my whole idea is however, not to pay any rent and to swap flats with someone who owns property in London (or has a long-term rent).
probably i didn't explain myself clearly in my initial post, or am having difficulties in understanding you?
It was a suggestion as 70 percent of the people that work in London don't live there but maybe it would be worth registering on one of the many property swapping web sites as here we get the occasional person moving to Paris but most members are after a slightly quieter cheaper lifestyle. I worked in London it's a nice place to visit but a smaller town is far nicer to retreat to in the evening.
Old May 7th 2015, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

alexhussenot is an unknown quantity at this point

hello,

I am looking for a similar solution. My flat in London is available Monday to Thursday. I need a flat in Paris during that same time. Interested?

Kind regards
Alex