Wikiposts

Parcel postage

Old Jan 23rd 2015, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

grannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parcel postage

Confusion on confusion. We knew that the rules and regs for posting parcels changed on Jan 1st but it seems no-one including the La Poste workers were informed of the details until Jan 5th.

Said regs are now so complicated that you need a doctorate in astro-physics to understand them. Not only weight but dimensions are now part of the formula and, it seems, and our lovely post lady agreed (and was désolé), that as from now you are all but obliged to send parcels for abroad via Colissimo which means two things, twice the price and has to be signed for at the other end.
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 12:50 am
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grannybunz
Confusion on confusion. We knew that the rules and regs for posting parcels changed on Jan 1st but it seems no-one including the La Poste workers were informed of the details until Jan 5th.

Said regs are now so complicated that you need a doctorate in astro-physics to understand them. Not only weight but dimensions are now part of the formula and, it seems, and our lovely post lady agreed (and was désolé), that as from now you are all but obliged to send parcels for abroad via Colissimo which means two things, twice the price and has to be signed for at the other end.
UPS and they come to the door..
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

grannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but if you just want to send a small(ish) package it is not worth it. I wanted to send a small parcel - just under 1 kg to the UK but because it wasn't in a standard sized box it had to go Colissimo (and cost €15) In future I will be collecting only standard sized boxes.

I could have bought a box but would then have had to go and repack and return to have it weighed and it was quite urgent. Still lesson learned!!!
Old Jan 25th 2015, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

They have effectively blocked my bank account.I went to change address and they wanted utility bills going back six months.I explained I'm house sitting for a friend.They said they wanted copies of his utility bills and sight of his passport.I explained he lives in the US hence why I am house sitting.Gaelic shrug.
Old Jan 25th 2015, 8:46 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

This is becoming an issue with many of the banks. I have just had to prove my personal information with my bank, countersigned by a professional. It's only 12 months since I last had to do this.
Old Jan 25th 2015, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd have been happy to show my passport and proof of the old address that I've moved from.And it's a whole eight euros they're keeping me from
Old Jan 25th 2015, 9:43 am
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daveinspain
I'd have been happy to show my passport and proof of the old address that I've moved from.And it's a whole eight euros they're keeping me from
Well by the end of tomorrow it will be worth about £1
Old Jan 25th 2015, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

And if Greece leaves the euro..........10p
Old Jan 25th 2015, 9:53 pm
Quien no sabe

Originally Posted by Daveinspain
And if Greece leaves the euro..........10p
Dont see it happening, If Greece defaults and leaves they will spend years picking up the pieces the country will fall into ruins again.
Old Jan 26th 2015, 1:04 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chatter Static
Dont see it happening, If Greece defaults and leaves they will spend years picking up the pieces the country will fall into ruins again.
I always thought the ruins were the main attraction of Greece
Old Jan 26th 2015, 2:12 am
Quien no sabe

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
I always thought the ruins were the main attraction of Greece
They have spent a lot on modernising and expanding them..
Old Jan 26th 2015, 2:38 am
Hostage Negotiator

Originally Posted by Chatter Static
They have spent a lot on modernising and expanding them..
Wasn't their money they spent on them though.
Old Jan 26th 2015, 3:34 am
Quien no sabe

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
Wasn't their money they spent on them though.
Not to mention they keep complaining about losing their marbles....

Yesterdays election must have been like an episode of storage wars although I think Tsipras got a duff garage.
Old Jan 26th 2015, 5:08 am
jvc
BE Enthusiast

jvc is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it possible to get courrier deliveries sent to our local PO instead of home? We are finding the whole process of them not finding us and driving on, or us not being in too much hastle. I know this is possible in the UK but not sure about here in France. If so, is it straight forward?
Old Jan 28th 2015, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Frenchie51 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,I've just had to send an alloy wheel and tyre to England for repair and then collected and returned to my address in France.Used a website called Parcels2go who list all the options.Picked UPS service and it worked great and was quick and cheap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.