Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Opinions In Opening a Bar in the South of France

Opinions In Opening a Bar in the South of France

Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

lee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant future
Default Opinions In Opening a Bar in the South of France

I have owned bars and clubs in the Uk for over 10 years and so have loads of experience in this field, anyway im selling up and was thinking of opening a bar marbella way as i know the area and trade very well.But someone mentioned opening one up in the south of france region which to be honest i never had really thought of this region as i have never been to this part of the world before.Can anyone give me any advice and experiences on setting up a bar in this region.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 1:31 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Opinions In Opening a Bar in the South of France

Originally Posted by lee.walker1
I have owned bars and clubs in the Uk for over 10 years and so have loads of experience in this field, anyway im selling up and was thinking of opening a bar marbella way as i know the area and trade very well.But someone mentioned opening one up in the south of france region which to be honest i never had really thought of this region as i have never been to this part of the world before.Can anyone give me any advice and experiences on setting up a bar in this region.
Maybe you should try the Spanish forum....because you would really have your work cut out trying to beat them at there own game, I don't mean to rain on your parade or anything but it may well work in a very touristy place but you will have a shed load of competition thats already fighting for the Trade, I mean a lot. If you have a very good idea that may work. Who Knows?
Old Apr 10th 2008, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Maybe you should try the Spanish forum....because you would really have your work cut out trying to beat them at there own game, I don't mean to rain on your parade or anything but it may well work in a very touristy place but you will have a shed load of competition thats already fighting for the Trade, I mean a lot. If you have a very good idea that may work. Who Knows?
Agree with Ka Ora! What level of French do you speak too? I know you've already been looking at different countries around the world, including Spain, but think you might find the legal side of things here in France a bit difficult for you too. Good luck though wherever you end up.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:11 pm
La petite noblesse

Jazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lee.walker1

I have no experience myself, but it sounds like a great adventure. I found these sites for you, the first covers legalities and such and the second is a personal look at someone who has done just this.

http://www.justlanded.com/english/Fr...otel-in-France

http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/bar/JHHdiary14.htm

Good luck
Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:52 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Do it.
They work where I have seen them.
Hard work.
Got to drum up interest and keep it bubbling.
Quiz nights...
St Patricks...
Curry Nights...
Fish and Chips...

Not trying to put you off or anything
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:36 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Didn`t we go through all this in every forum on the site a couple of months ago ????
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:46 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Didn`t we go through all this in every forum on the site a couple of months ago ????
Not here - maybe in Spain?
Where it would be a bad idea I guess as there are already several million of them?
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by jdr
Originally Posted by treskillard
Not here - maybe in Spain?
Where it would be a bad idea I guess as there are already several million of them?
Well there is no shortage of piss heads......
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:57 pm
down under where

Well there is no shortage of piss heads......
Is it fair to talk about JDR in the plural?
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:03 pm

Is it fair to talk about JDR in the plural?
He drinks enough for four.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:08 pm
down under where

He drinks enough for four.
I hear he's taken the pledge.
Attached Thumbnails Opinions In Opening a Bar in the South of France-sellers.jpg  
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:10 pm

Thats funny stick it in the Spain section.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:13 pm
down under where

Thats funny stick it in the Spain section.
Mine is not to reason why...
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:20 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I will have to call on them an get me commision. lol
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

lee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant future

i could do with some of you lot visiting my new bar venture......as you lot always seem to be on the lash........its getting near to 10pm....il get absolutely no sense from you lot now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.