Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Online Banking in France

Online Banking in France

Old Dec 6th 2009, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Palaja, near Carcassonne, Department of Aude, France
Roger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond repute
Default Online Banking in France

Has anyone an account with them??
http://www.ingdirect.fr/compte-courant/operations.jsp
If so, are they good, bad, or "nothing special"?
Thanks for any comments!
Old Dec 7th 2009, 12:52 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online Banking in France

Ing not mentioned on this site comparison.
http://www.moneysupermarket.com/Curr...ntsResults.asp
But perhaps Ing have something special going on, or they don't collaborate with comparison sites. Bonne chance.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Roger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond repute

Probably because ING is primarily French? The comparisons all seem to be for UK institutions..
Old Dec 7th 2009, 4:41 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies, failed to spot the .fr suffix. We use CIC and they appear to be competitive, but I guess as with other banks it's swings and roundabouts.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 4:49 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cjm
Apologies, failed to spot the .fr suffix. We use CIC and they appear to be competitive, but I guess as with other banks it's swings and roundabouts.
Dont forget its another Website that comes in lots of flavours. Here is the UK targeted one http://www.ingdirect.co.uk/ same stuff just in English. Be interested to see if the accounts are as portable as domain names, Personally I prefer to have a Branch to go in to, When you want to shout at some one its quite futile over the phone.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cjm
For us, CIC has (for us) the advantage of being a part of the Crédit Mutuel group - which means a much wider local accessibility and also that any transactions made via CIC are handled realtime on our CM account(s), under favourable conditions..
One of the reasons why we would hesitate to change banks unless there were overwhelming advantages to be gained by doing so - and why I am trying to determine if ING would be 'worth the candle' in that respect..

Better the devil you know??

On the other hand, ING could possibly be advantageous for Alizée when she is in London as she is used to exclusive telebanking as a norm.

Last edited by Roger O; Dec 8th 2009 at 6:23 am.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

south_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nice

Originally Posted by Roger O
For us, CIC has (for us) the advantage of being a part of the Crédit Mutuel group - which means a much wider local accessibility and also that any transactions made via CIC are handled realtime on our CM account(s), under favourable conditions..
One of the reasons why we would hesitate to change banks unless there were overwhelming advantages to be gained by doing so - and why I am trying to determine if ING would be 'worth the candle' in that respect..

Better the devil you know??

On the other hand, ING could possibly be advantageous for Alizée when she is in London as she is used to exclusive telebanking as a norm.

I have had ING savings accounts in several countries I have lived and they have all performed well and efficiently by internet. The savings rates are usually quite competitive. I have just set up with INGdirect.fr and all went smoothly enough, with it linked to my more traditional account elsewhere for transfers. They also offer a current account that I might try, which has the benefit of charging no fees - compared with fees for just about everything (fee for cheques, fees for carte bleu, fees for internet access, insurance against losing the card...) in the high street banks.

I'm not sure that the INGs in different countries can be connected together though, and I haven't tried linking them in that way.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

themoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond repute

Hsbc (France) is a good one and multi changeable with the UK too if that helps.
They have places all over so easy to access
Old Dec 11th 2009, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

TM_001 is a name known to allTM_001 is a name known to allTM_001 is a name known to allTM_001 is a name known to allTM_001 is a name known to allTM_001 is a name known to allTM_001 is a name known to allTM_001 is a name known to allTM_001 is a name known to allTM_001 is a name known to allTM_001 is a name known to all

I've used ING in multiple countries, including France, UK and Holland. they are good and simple - but as usual it ultimately depends on what you're after. ING is a Dutch bank (not French) but their rates are always good, but you don't have possibilities to mix/match or leverage the savings.

I agree that HSBC is a great one - I'm moving to them right now (I live in France but work in the UK) - but we also bank with La Banque Postale for day-to-day stuff and Societe Generale for mortgage related activities.

Good luck.
Old Dec 11th 2009, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

south_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nice

ING don't offer the same products in all countries - savings accounts in UK and Canada, savings and current accounts in France. ING.be were even advertising cheap car insurance on Ryanair planes a while back, but only available for cars in Belgium!

I have also heard good things about HSBC in terms of linking international accounts, and I do have a foreign currency account through their UK admin centre, but you would need to live in one of the larger towns in France to be near a branch - their nearest is over an hour from me.