Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

One Little lady locked in the lavatory

One Little lady locked in the lavatory

Old Aug 24th 2009, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default One Little lady locked in the lavatory

Amusing story here of an English tourist traveling alone, who went into the L'hôtel de Ville thinking she could get accommodation at the 'hotel'.

It would appear that she saw nobody on arrival and went into the toilet. A short while after, employees associated with the City Hall came out of a meeting, heard some slight noise in the toilet but paid no attention, and left the building locking up behind them. That was Fri evening.
No doubt after a period of panic, the lady stuck a "Je suis fermer ici. Est ce possible la porte en ouvrir" sign on the window. She then resigned herself to the situation, and settled down in an armchair in one of the reception rooms.
Her sign was spotted the following morning, and she was 'released' by the mayor on his arrival.
http://www.leparisien.fr/une/une-tou...009-614032.php

At least I hope she was able to get a free morning cup of tea for her 'ordeal'.

I can just imagine that happening to our Andrea. She would have beat the mayor and his mignons over the head with her studded bodystocking, and then demanded a full English breakfast with a Grand Marnier & Guinness chaser, whilst doing an impression of Susan Boyle singing 'I dreamed A Dream In your Turkish Toilet'. And she would have got prime time coverage on TF1 for her performance!
Old Aug 24th 2009, 9:29 am
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One Little lady locked in the lavatory

Poor woman, how scary, especially as it was weekend too.

Another good reason to have a large book and a bottle of Jack Daniel's in one's handbag I suppose ......
Old Aug 25th 2009, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Palaja, near Carcassonne, Department of Aude, France
Roger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One Little lady locked in the lavatory

Bet they don't teach important daily knowledge stuff like the difference between such "hôtels" in UK school French lessons!

"La plume de ma tante est sûr le bureau do mon oncle"??

( Now I'm going to get it from all ex French teachers!!)

PS I'm afraid I posted a bit of a duplicate in http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=627382
but read the bottom of my post for the reverse situaion!!