Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Nursing in France - Help

Nursing in France - Help

Old Jul 14th 2008, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

odile95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Nursing in France - Help

Hi, I am a French national and has been living in UK for the past 20 years. I trained as a nurse here and I am finally going back to my roots (I left France back in 82 to travel...)
My concern is that I do not know what proof of registration I need to have translated for my nursing. I have contacted the Department des affaires sanitaires et sociales in France and they were not very sure. Same for the NMC, the girl I spoke to was rather vague and will send me a "pack" to fill in and return at a cost and I don't even understand what for. If any UK nurse practising in France could advise me I would be so grateful....
Thanks
Old Jul 14th 2008, 1:58 pm
La petite noblesse

Jazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Nursing in France - Help

Originally Posted by odile95
Hi, I am a French national and has been living in UK for the past 20 years. I trained as a nurse here and I am finally going back to my roots (I left France back in 82 to travel...)
My concern is that I do not know what proof of registration I need to have translated for my nursing. I have contacted the Department des affaires sanitaires et sociales in France and they were not very sure. Same for the NMC, the girl I spoke to was rather vague and will send me a "pack" to fill in and return at a cost and I don't even understand what for. If any UK nurse practising in France could advise me I would be so grateful....
Thanks

Hello and welcome

I think Val (our very own moderator) will be able to help you here, but I used this site - http://www.ciep.fr/en/enic-naricfr/prof_n.php as a guide when I needed to get my pharmaceutical diploma made equivalent. It goes into great detail, for me I needed a sworn translator to translate my diploma and a certificate stating how many hours of study in each discipline I completed, and I have to send them off to the Ministere de Sante.

Good luck, and I'm sure someone who has specific experience in Nursing will be along soon to help you.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Hi there and welcome
you should find all the information you need here.
http://www.nmc-uk.org/aArticle.aspx?ArticleID=175
I have to say from personal experience the NMC are not the most helpful or efficient of organisations, and you are probably going to have to keep following up and chasing them.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jazzy n Lol
Hello and welcome

I think Val (our very own moderator) will be able to help you here, but I used this site - http://www.ciep.fr/en/enic-naricfr/prof_n.php as a guide when I needed to get my pharmaceutical diploma made equivalent. It goes into great detail, for me I needed a sworn translator to translate my diploma and a certificate stating how many hours of study in each discipline I completed, and I have to send them off to the Ministere de Sante.

Good luck, and I'm sure someone who has specific experience in Nursing will be along soon to help you.
Hi Jazzy, thank you for your quick reply and the very helpful link. You mentioned that you needed a sworn translator. Was it a translator from the French consulate?
Old Jul 14th 2008, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by val50
Hi there and welcome
you should find all the information you need here.
http://www.nmc-uk.org/aArticle.aspx?ArticleID=175
I have to say from personal experience the NMC are not the most helpful or efficient of organisations, and you are probably going to have to keep following up and chasing them.
Hi Val, thank you for the link. It does explain about the verification pack that the NMC officer was telling me about today.
Thank you
Old Jul 14th 2008, 10:55 pm
La petite noblesse

Jazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Jazzy, thank you for your quick reply and the very helpful link. You mentioned that you needed a sworn translator. Was it a translator from the French consulate?
No, I found one local to me in the pages jaune under traducteur assermente (sorry for no accents, UK keyboard!). As long as they are registered with the prefecture and have accreditation, you can use them. Also, your local mairie should have a list.