Notaire

Old Feb 14th 2017, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

bobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Notaire

Does anyone know if we can use a Notaire out of department? We are buying in the Haute Vienne but living in the Rhone Alpes? I presume sharing a notaire is a no no for obvious reasons?
Old Feb 14th 2017, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

graham.miln is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Notaire

Yes, you can use a notaire from another region or department. We did for our land purchase.
Old Feb 14th 2017, 2:46 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbi2
Does anyone know if we can use a Notaire out of department? We are buying in the Haute Vienne but living in the Rhone Alpes? I presume sharing a notaire is a no no for obvious reasons?
What obvious reasons? The notaire is not representing either the vendor or the purchaser.
Old Feb 14th 2017, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

bobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok thanks. I wasn't sure how they negotiate the compromis and acte. When we bought ours is was the same dept and for the compromis we went to their notaire and the acte was at theirs. How does it work in other depts then?
Old Feb 14th 2017, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
What obvious reasons? The notaire is not representing either the vendor or the purchaser.
Well, conflict of interests if you use the same even though Notaires are not independant in France
Old Feb 14th 2017, 3:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

The notaire simply ensures that everything is done correctly, all laws and regulations are complied with, and collects any taxes due. He doesn't take sides. He's not like a UK solicitor, he works for the state, not for the buyer nor the seller.
Old Feb 14th 2017, 3:26 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Well, conflict of interests if you use the same even though Notaires are not independant in France
You're wrong, but I'll let someone else confirm it.
Old Feb 14th 2017, 3:37 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, but, unlike Avocats, Notaires are unbiassed. Without wishing to sound like a school marm, they don't "represent" a client, but are Public Officers who make sure that Property and Inheritance Laws are being complied with, and there's certainly no conflict of interest between the Vendors and Buyers. If two Notaires are used, they sort out the documents between them and share the notarial fees 50-50.
It's all done electronically nowadays and you may be able to sign at your Notaire's while the vendors sign at their Notaire's. If not, you can give procuration to the other Notaire's Clerc.
(Confirming what Novo and ET said at the same time as I was typing).

Last edited by dmu; Feb 14th 2017 at 3:39 pm.
Old Feb 14th 2017, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ok well thats good then! Hope they are all a bit more responsive than UK solicitors then. Unfortunately we had a great one but he left for bigger and better things. Shame, he conducted the purchase really well.
Old Feb 14th 2017, 4:17 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Ok well thats good then! Hope they are all a bit more responsive than UK solicitors then. Unfortunately we had a great one but he left for bigger and better things. Shame, he conducted the purchase really well.
Some are more dynamic than others. Do you mean that your UK solicitor left for bigger or better things? Here, once a Notaire, always a Notaire. The number of Etudes is limited (numerus clausus) and it's difficult to buy one, as they often remain in the family.
Old Feb 14th 2017, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dmu
Some are more dynamic than others. Do you mean that your UK solicitor left for bigger or better things? Here, once a Notaire, always a Notaire. The number of Etudes is limited (numerus clausus) and it's difficult to buy one, as they often remain in the family.
No, our notaire here actually. Not sure where he has gone but his replacement works part time and is a trainee so have gone from one extreme to another. She has missed one or two things with friends purchases so won't be using her.
Old Feb 14th 2017, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Peter219 is an unknown quantity at this point

We shared a notaire a few weeks back, the usual practice I think. It went well, simple and easy, and everything happened as promised. I suspect that a two notaire deal might be more complex.
House hasn't fallen down yet but three trees came down yesterday...58 mph winds in Lot et Garonne.
Old Feb 15th 2017, 1:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Peter219
We shared a notaire a few weeks back, the usual practice I think. It went well, simple and easy, and everything happened as promised. I suspect that a two notaire deal might be more complex.
House hasn't fallen down yet but three trees came down yesterday...58 mph winds in Lot et Garonne.
Cool, although I don't think a Notaire would be responsible for a house falling down, maybe a surveyor may help on that one! I presume then that we would have to travel to the Notaire for both the comp de vente and Acte?
Cannot be done remotely? We have bought here as we already have a house but that was done with separate Notaires be it very close to each other.
Did you use an english one? We will be regardless.
Old Feb 15th 2017, 6:58 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Cool, although I don't think a Notaire would be responsible for a house falling down, maybe a surveyor may help on that one! I presume then that we would have to travel to the Notaire for both the comp de vente and Acte?
Cannot be done remotely? We have bought here as we already have a house but that was done with separate Notaires be it very close to each other.
Did you use an english one? We will be regardless.
Do you mean an English-speaking one?
You could do everything remotely, giving Procuration to the local Notaire's Clerc for the signatures. This involves an awful lot of paperwork though (I assisted my late neighbour's UK children when they sold her house and in fact they didn't come over at any time), and you might just as well use a Notaire near to you. It wouldn't be complicated for you, the Notaires do all the work between them and are used to it.
When you're on the spot to visit property and have decided on one, couldn't you consult a local Notaire with the Vendor, before you return home?
Old Feb 15th 2017, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

We now aim to use the sellers notaire as it would be easier but do require him to speak english. I am sure they will be needing an english speaking notaire too. As I said, ours locally has moved on to pastures new and whilst we have found another one he has not responded to a question I have pre purchase but they don't seem very reliable even before we have started the process

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.