Reload this Page >

need paint in france from uk

need paint in france from uk

Old Jan 16th 2007, 8:28 am
Just Joined

lythwood is an unknown quantity at this point
Default need paint in france from uk

hello
anyone coming over by vehichle who could bring some paint (emulsion),its horrifically expensive in france 46120 lot area figeac.
regards
tony gelder
Old Apr 26th 2007, 10:08 am
Just Joined

taraohara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: need paint in france from uk

Hi Tony, wondered how you solved this problem? Why is it so expensive? Can you help me as now in same boat! Cheers Tara
Old May 3rd 2007, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

herbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by taraohara
Hi Tony, wondered how you solved this problem? Why is it so expensive? Can you help me as now in same boat! Cheers Tara
I was an interior designer for 12 years in the UK and now work as an artist here in France. Paint for me has been a big problem and this doesn't apply just to emulsions but also artists' paints and materials. I was a registered Dulux decorator in the UK. I contacted Dulux and asked them why there was such a huge difference between the paint in the UK and here. They told me that Dulux Valentine, their French equivalent is manufactured in France for the French market. French people are not mad about decorating their homes and there is therefore not the demand. If there is less demand, then the prices go up. I was also told that they have a different method of making the paint here and this is why Dulux Valentine is not the same as Dulux in the UK. There are a few French brands I have tried which are not too bad. Renaullac (I think) from Brico Depot is not that bad, it is mixed to whatever finish you want and they have a huge range of colours. I'm still experimenting with different types of paint but so far I would recommend this one. I've also tried a very cheap oil based paint for wood, satin finish, also from Brico Depot which was just 5 euros for a 2.5L pot. I thought it would be total rubbish and I could use it as undercoat, but in fact, once mixed thoroughly, it was not that bad. I was quite surprised. You would need 3 coats though and a little experience with painting as it is quite runny. For 5euros though, I wasn't complaining!
Old May 5th 2007, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

Ann Jessica is an unknown quantity at this point

I know of someone in the Ariege who is importing British white and magnolia paint at cheaper prices than French. He maintains that that the quality is better than Dulux Valentine and is used by professional decorators. Ann.
Old May 5th 2007, 5:42 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ann Jessica
I know of someone in the Ariege who is importing British white and magnolia paint at cheaper prices than French. He maintains that that the quality is better than Dulux Valentine and is used by professional decorators. Ann.
On top of that my most preffered color range has been the national trust range and there is a loverly place in toulouse that stocks it. But castorama and some mr bricolages are stocking more brit paints diy and decorating is on the up here, things are changing slowly.