Mutuelle

Old Jul 22nd 2011, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

loy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to all
Default Mutuelle

What kind of prices are people paying?

I have got a quote from the bank and there are five covers. The first one is 380 and 216 euro (adult and child) the best one is 800 and 400 a year.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Mutuelle

Very interesting , thanks
and it knocks me back a bit ;
in Belgium , the ( compulsory ) mutuelle currently costs 30-odd Euros quarterly for two 60+ adults and usually the refunds are are 75-80% of the charges paid ;
do let us know , how you get on !
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

Is this an annual cover then??

for our whole family 2 ageing but not retired adults (43, 48), 1 teenager and 1 child ,at cover level 4 so pretty much all reimbursed we pay 187 euros per month a lot but good cover - we all wear glasses and our son needs orthodontic treatment and refunds are often 100% no questions asked!

If you are not sure surf the net

Last edited by dennerlymum; Jul 22nd 2011 at 6:58 pm.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

loy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to all

Yes thats a year. I misread it, there are 4 levels of cover, level 3 would be the same cost as yours, about 150 Euro a month. Level 4 = 210 a month

We are two 40 year olds, a 7 and a 4.

I have contact lenses.

Really not sure what cover to take, generally we're all pretty healthy. The living costs here a crippling us. The fact I have to hold 40% back for socials is a nightmare.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

I found a company run by English people that will do the family for about 1600 euro's a year for their 2nd best cover. Can I mention them to see if people have experience of them?
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 8:18 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loy loy
The fact I have to hold 40% back for socials is a nightmare.
I'd be interested to know what sort of company you've set up, with "only" 40% of your salary held back. As mentioned on another thread, when I was my own boss in an Sàrl, I paid "patronal and salarial" social contributions which came to more than 50%....
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 8:53 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

We recently changed to Mutualité Sociale Agricole, Which reduced our monthly cost a fair bit but improved Dental and Eye Care cover.
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

here is the company that seems quite reasomable?

http://www.exclusivehealthcare.com/aboutus.php

I'll let you know on my company type when the paperwork comes through, the accountant said I wouldn't pay tax for 5 years and then it's slowly phased in
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 8:05 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loy loy
I'll let you know on my company type when the paperwork comes through, the accountant said I wouldn't pay tax for 5 years and then it's slowly phased in
Hi, Senior moment - I mentioned the 50% social contributions on some one else's thread:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...+contributions
Sorry!
I went along the "high socials" Sàrl route because, at the time (last century), freelancers had poor healthcare coverage and peanuts for pension, and it was the only feasible alternative (I was single at the time). How I regretted giving half my salary to the System before taking any money home (and paying Income Tax on the declared income)! But at the end of the day, I'm now receiving a decent pension...
Before signing any paperwork, get your Accountant to explain exactly all that's involved when setting up the type of company he's proposing. You mustn't be confused when committing yourself!
Sorry if I've high-jacked the Mutuelle side of things....