Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

moving to tarn, albi, with baby

moving to tarn, albi, with baby

Old Sep 24th 2011, 10:30 am
Just Joined

kelyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to tarn, albi, with baby

hello, im english with a french partner and 15 month old baby. been living in the auvergne for 7 years and now thinking of moving to the tarn around albi in near future. can anyone tell me what there is there for young children and anything else about life in general? thankyou
Old Sep 24th 2011, 11:45 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to tarn, albi, with baby

Hi and welcome to BE.

I've moved your thread to our France forum, and hopefully some of our members who are living in France will be able to give you some tips etc.

In the meantime take some time and read through the other threads and get to know everyone.

Oh and if you ever have any site questions please don't hesitate to give me or the France Concierge, Ka Ora!, a shout
Old Sep 24th 2011, 12:03 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, and welcome to the forum!
I live in the next Département and have been to Albi a few times. A lovely town, with magnificent Cathedral and Musée Toulouse Lautrec, the Tarn flowing through...
Since it's the chef-lieu of the Tarn Département, there must be plenty going for toddlers and future schoolchildren.
http://www.mairie-albi.fr/
will give you info, but if you prefer to live AROUND Albi, you'd better google "Tarn 81 Département".
Hope this helps!
Old Sep 25th 2011, 4:36 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kelyn
hello, im english with a french partner and 15 month old baby. been living in the auvergne for 7 years and now thinking of moving to the tarn around albi in near future. can anyone tell me what there is there for young children and anything else about life in general? thankyou
Welcome to the Forum, If you get any issues give me a shout.
Old Sep 26th 2011, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

loy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to all

Hello

We wanted to move out that way because we absolutely adore Albi and Najac. Yet we have found we prefer the Lot et Garonne now we've been here a while and are staying here. We just couldn't find the right property in the right place for the right price over there.
A lot of towns we visited over there looked a bit run down and sorry for themselves, the nice towns/villages like Albi and St Antonin are just too expensive.