Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Moving to Paris for 5-6 months

Moving to Paris for 5-6 months

Old Jan 19th 2011, 11:44 am
Just Joined

jw400 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Paris for 5-6 months

Hi all, this my first post here so can I say thank you to the people who provide and contribute to this, I have scanned through threads and I taken so much on board!

I am currently studying for my masters (aero eng) and will be relocating to Paris in just over a month for 5-6 months for my integrated placement.

I am however lost in the system and hoping someone could answer a few questions please?

- Besides parisaltitude and Lodgis Paris are there any other good sites to find accommodation?

- Is it usual to have to pay agency fees in Paris?

- Does anyone know if CAF can provide assistance for UK citizens etc for housing?

Thanks in advance (p.s. if anyone knows of any rooms going spare..!!)

Jack
Old Jan 19th 2011, 12:59 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Paris for 5-6 months

Originally Posted by jw400
Hi all, this my first post here so can I say thank you to the people who provide and contribute to this, I have scanned through threads and I taken so much on board!

I am currently studying for my masters (aero eng) and will be relocating to Paris in just over a month for 5-6 months for my integrated placement.

I am however lost in the system and hoping someone could answer a few questions please?

- Besides parisaltitude and Lodgis Paris are there any other good sites to find accommodation?

- Is it usual to have to pay agency fees in Paris?

- Does anyone know if CAF can provide assistance for UK citizens etc for housing?

Thanks in advance (p.s. if anyone knows of any rooms going spare..!!)

Jack
Hi
http://www.caf.fr/web/Web571.nsf/Vue...ent#conditions
indicates that EU students are entitled to l'Aide au Logement.
After "Quelles sont les conditions...", scroll down to "Vous êtes étudiant étranger?" to know the conditions and what documents to provide.
This is applicable if the lease agreement is in your name.
But you could consider temporary flat-sharing for such a short time. Google "colocations Paris" for sites. No Agency fees to pay there!