Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Moving to Normandy in 2 weeks looking for friends!

Moving to Normandy in 2 weeks looking for friends!

Old Aug 4th 2012, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

Clare73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Normandy in 2 weeks looking for friends!

Hello! My husband and myself are moving to Normandy (near Caen) in a few weeks as we have both got jobs there. We know a few French people but we would like to get to know some fellow expats when we get there! We are 38 and 36. If anybody is in the area we would love to hear from you......
Old Aug 5th 2012, 9:23 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Normandy in 2 weeks looking for friends!

Originally Posted by Clare73
Hello! My husband and myself are moving to Normandy (near Caen) in a few weeks as we have both got jobs there. We know a few French people but we would like to get to know some fellow expats when we get there! We are 38 and 36. If anybody is in the area we would love to hear from you......
Hi Clare, we live not far away (about 40 minutes by motorway) in Isigny-sur-mer 14230 during the summers and are frequently in Caen to visit family (the missus is half-french). We'll actually be spending next winter here too, so if you'd like to meet either before the end of August this year or after Christmas next year, let me know. I should add that we're a teensy bit older than you (very early 60s).

Welcome to Normandy, it's a beautiful place.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 11:49 am
Just Joined

Clare73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Novocastrian, thank you for your kind offer! We are travelling over on 21st August so I think that the end of August would be too soon to meet as we'll be busy getting everything unpacked and starting our new jobs. We would definitely like to meet up though so after Christmas would be good!

We are really looking forward to getting to Normandy and experiencing the French way of life :-)
Old Aug 6th 2012, 3:02 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clare73
Hello Novocastrian, thank you for your kind offer! We are travelling over on 21st August so I think that the end of August would be too soon to meet as we'll be busy getting everything unpacked and starting our new jobs. We would definitely like to meet up though so after Christmas would be good!

We are really looking forward to getting to Normandy and experiencing the French way of life :-)
OK. We leave here on the 26th, so next winter it is. I've seen your PM and am about to respond with my coordinates.

Cheers.