Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

moving to live and work in france

moving to live and work in france

Old Apr 20th 2003, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

dacosta is an unknown quantity at this point
Question moving to live and work in france

can anyone offer advise for my husband and I. we wish to move out to france in the area around chamonix-mont-blanc. we are both in our thirties and are reatil managers. we have very basic french and are at present trying to imptove this. we wish to purchase a house or flat outside of chamonix i.e sallanches or similiar and we want to work in the area around chamonix. we realise we will probably have to take more basic jobs then we are doing at present in england until our french improves. any tips on 1. buying a propeerty and who to contact.
2. finding work.
3. the british community out there.
any advise would be helpful
Old Apr 21st 2003, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

avril jones is an unknown quantity at this point

Another english couple wanting a better life style, us too. We have had two interviews in France so far, but sadly neither came to any thing. we too want to build our own property,as we believe the building of new properties is easier than in England.
Perhaps you should try looking on the internet for Employment agencies offering work in France, either long term or seasonal, to begin with.
I too am in Retail management, and in the same situation of not speaking French fully, but my husband and I have started a French course recently, so this is a starting point for us too.
Good luck in your search.
Regards Avril.