Reload this Page >

Moving to France from UK-

Moving to France from UK-

Old Sep 23rd 2021, 11:42 am
Just Joined

Sax4short is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to France from UK-

Hi All,
I'm a British citizen and have wanted to make the move to France for a long time. A bit overwhelmed with where to begin. I'm an entrepreneur and have a couple of online businesses. I work from home and a bit confused on how it would work with residency and which visa I need to be able to work legally in France. Any advise would be massively appreciated! Hope you are all keeping safe and healthy!
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

EU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to France from UK-

Just like almost every other country, FR has embassy/consulate in UK.
You can start your research on their website, and then come here with specific questions, after you have used search forum function.
Also, uk.gov has pages dedicated on living abroad.
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 1:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

As EU;flag says, there are websites that give the info you need. It is always best to use official websites i.e. government, embassy, consulate etc.
E.g. https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en_US/w...soin-d-un-visa is one place to start.
Or you could start here and see where it leads:
https://www.service-public.fr/partic...sdroits/F16922 - then presumably you would choose Création d'entreprise and take it from there.

Depending on your circumstances but normally you would have to close your businesses in the UK and set up a business in France. If you are operating a number of sole trader operations in the UK, well you can't have multiple sole trader operations in France, you would have to register one business and then see which activities you are allowed to combine within that one business registraton. For the purposes of applying for the visa you will need a good business plan showing how your business will operate profitably in France and make a positive contribution to the French economy or French culture.
I guess you have good solid reasons for wanting to move to France, but being an entrepreneur is a lot easier in the UK. You will find things are a lot more tightly regulated in France. And running a business is more expensive.
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much for your response. Greatly appreciated! I have a year to get my head around everything. Glad I found this site. Very informative! I'll do some more research and start to figure things out in detail over the coming months. Thanks again!
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

It's worth mentioning I am eligible to apply for Italian citizenship through jure sanguinis which may be better.. either way is big journey I guess, that'll take a lot of learning and planning
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 1:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sax4short
It's worth mentioning I am eligible to apply for Italian citizenship through jure sanguinis which may be better.
It would certainly save you a lot of hassle. You would get your freedom of movement back.