Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Moving to France

Moving to France

Old Jun 24th 2017, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

Endonurse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to France

Thank you all for you all for your interest. Have now heard back from the Notaire and this is what he advises. We get a geometre first to redo the boundaries to the parcels of land. The land parcels would only need minor changes to divide it. Estimate for this starts at €1000, house and barn can then be sold separately. On the condition one is not sold without the other. We are still waiting to hear if the barn has permission to be converted.
Old Jun 24th 2017, 9:19 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Endonurse
Thank you all for you all for your interest. Have now heard back from the Notaire and this is what he advises. We get a geometre first to redo the boundaries to the parcels of land. The land parcels would only need minor changes to divide it. Estimate for this starts at €1000, house and barn can then be sold separately. On the condition one is not sold without the other. We are still waiting to hear if the barn has permission to be converted.
Good to hear! I somehow presumed that the house and the barn were both located on one sole parcel, which had to be split up. I often presume too much.....
Fingers crossed for the Mairie's verdict!
Old Jun 25th 2017, 10:48 am
Just Joined

Jovo is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone advise on a company that resettles. We are moving to france hopefully soon to resettles-Maritime area. We are looking to get a place to put log cabins on but after reading some things on here we realise this isn't going to be as easy as we thought would be. Hence we are now looking for a resettling company.
Thanks
Yvonne
Old Jun 25th 2017, 11:48 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jovo
Can anyone advise on a company that resettles. We are moving to france hopefully soon to resettles-Maritime area. We are looking to get a place to put log cabins on but after reading some things on here we realise this isn't going to be as easy as we thought would be. Hence we are now looking for a resettling company.
Thanks
Yvonne
Hi, maybe you should start a separate thread, as your enquiry is different from the OP's situation and some one who might be able to help might not see your post. Also mention which "Maritime" you are talking about. There are three along the three French coasts...
Have to admit that I don't really know what a resettling company is. Do you mean on-the-spot long-term expats who help with buying property and getting planning permission, and/or with all the usual Administrations/Utilities, etc.... ?
Old Jun 25th 2017, 11:53 am
Just Joined

Jovo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Thanks for getting back to me. We are very new to this.
Ye I think what you replied is exactly what we need. Also could you advise me where I should repost my question as not sure?
Old Jun 25th 2017, 11:58 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jovo
Hi Thanks for getting back to me. We are very new to this.
Ye I think what you replied is exactly what we need. Also could you advise me where I should repost my question as not sure?
Click on NEW THREAD above left, type a title with key words to attract casual glances, and the text in the box below that.
P.S. I just re-read your other threads where you mention Vendée, so you must mean Charente-Maritime? I'll take the liberty of reminding you about my advice re your partner status!
Old Jun 25th 2017, 3:27 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

My new job here in the USA is international relocations. When you say you want a "resettling company" what is it you want them to do?

The services are actually pretty expensive since they are usually working with multi-national companies and you probably don't need all the hand-holding provided...

Here on BE you will get brilliant advice about how to do things, where to find information etc. And if you ask nicely (!!) we might even be able tell you which documents etc you need to take to which office.

Learning to speak French will help enormously with the bureaucratic tasks.... When we moved to France we had a relocation service and they were pretty much useless. We ended up finding our own rental house, filling in the forms for school and the company assistante social did most of the rest.
Old Jun 25th 2017, 4:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

If Jovo is looking for someone to hand-hold them through the process of finding a piece of land and getting permission to put log cabins on it, I suspect that's a bit outside the remit of most 'resettling' companies.
Old Jun 25th 2017, 5:39 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Apologies to Endonurse for temporarily hijacking their thread - it may be that jovo's situation is just as complicated.....
In the Introduction Thread, the couple are "partners"s and neither will be working. This in itself will lead to various issues, added to which they will depend on others to sort out all their business. Even if such a rare pearl exists in the area of their choice, his/her fees will be phenomenal due to the number of hours spent accompanying them everywhere.
@jovo: please start another thread, as requested, setting out everything that you've said in your other posts (for the benefit of those who didn't see them first time round).
Old Jun 25th 2017, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

graham.miln is an unknown quantity at this point

Endonurse, good to learn you heard back from the notaire. The price for the boundary change sounds about right.

Be aware that you can add clauses to the sale contract to ensure all you require is done. This means you can make the sale conditional on the parcel being divided and accepted by neighbours, that planning permission is issued, and that the change of property use is granted.

If any condition is not fulfilled ensure you can walk away from the sale. Without such clauses you will be bound to complete the sale.

A notaire can draw up the document with any conditions you want. The best advice I can give is to sign nothing until you have spoken to a notaire directly.
Old Jun 27th 2017, 9:49 am
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
Good to hear! I somehow presumed that the house and the barn were both located on one sole parcel, which had to be split up. I often presume too much.....
Fingers crossed for the Mairie's verdict!
A barn will alway have it's own parcel number as different tax rates apply, a barn will also have a different parcel number to any land around it. This does not apply to garden sheds and small garages they tend to be just hatched out space on the plan to show a building is there.