Reload this Page >

Moving to France with 3 children one with Autism

Wikiposts

Moving to France with 3 children one with Autism

Old Aug 30th 2010, 8:09 am
Just Joined

Crafty Mother is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to France with 3 children one with Autism

Hi, I am new to British Expats. We are a family hoping to move south of La Rochelle, possibly as far as Saintes. We have three children aged, 4 (with autism) 7 and 8. He is currently educated in a special needs school starting year 1 this Sept. We plan to make the move after this school year. As most advise, we are about to embark on french lessons at home for all the family! I am looking for any advice on generally moving with kids, also the special needs aspect, also any advice on those areas, I would be most appreciative. Many thanks.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 7:45 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to France with 3 children one with Autism

Originally Posted by Crafty Mother
Hi, I am new to British Expats. We are a family hoping to move south of La Rochelle, possibly as far as Saintes. We have three children aged, 4 (with autism) 7 and 8. He is currently educated in a special needs school starting year 1 this Sept. We plan to make the move after this school year. As most advise, we are about to embark on french lessons at home for all the family! I am looking for any advice on generally moving with kids, also the special needs aspect, also any advice on those areas, I would be most appreciative. Many thanks.
Welcome to the Forum, Sorry I cant give any advice one the Areas, France does quite well with special needs persons, Although how you interact with local Maries and Schools can vary a lot. You would need to get him registered handicapped here "Which is hard work and will involve lots of paperwork" and then the Service Assistance Handicapped "I forget the exact name" will help no end. Ask away and again welcome