Motbike B&B

Old Mar 11th 2018, 12:00 am
Just Joined

MotorBikeMaintenance is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Motbike B&B

Hi all. What`s the laws in France for buying land and putting eco friendly holiday homes (with a twist) on it. I only want answers from positive people.
Old Mar 11th 2018, 12:15 am
Just Joined

Caerus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Motbike B&B

I’m positive you’ll need to give a bit more information.
Old Mar 11th 2018, 12:30 am
Just Joined

MotorBikeMaintenance is an unknown quantity at this point

For six years we ran very successful Biker Guest House in the Algarve. Due to the laws and licences down there we had to pull out. Now looking for somewhere that we can set up home and start our business again. I`m Scottish and come from a lovely little rural place The other half works in SuperBike Race Teams. We are looking for somewhere that has a bit of land, it doesn`t matter if it has habital house,
Old Mar 11th 2018, 7:47 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MotorBikeMaintenance
Hi all. What`s the laws in France for buying land and putting eco friendly holiday homes (with a twist) on it. I only want answers from positive people.
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
A lot depends on what the "twist" is!
But, before purchasing land anywhere, you'd have to make sure of obtaining a Permis de Construire. The Mairie of the Commune is the first port of call; if they say the land is "constructible", then you have to submit your plans for approval, involving a lot of paperwork and bureaucracy. How is your French?
From the title and your user name, it sounds as though you'd be accommodating bikers and possibly repairing their machines. If this is the case, these would be two completely different services and you'd have to look into the best business structure to set up to cover them both.
These are positive facts based on what you've said - we can't advise on the legality of such a venture without more info....

P.S. I'd add that you'd need to take out private healthcare insurance from Day 1 until your business is up and running and/or you're eligible for the PUMA (French Social Security) System.
Also, take a look in the Read-Me: Moving to France FAQs above, esp. the threads on Inheritance Laws, Partner Status, Schooling, etc... if they are pertinent to your family situation.

Last edited by dmu; Mar 11th 2018 at 7:59 am.
Old Mar 13th 2018, 6:26 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MotorBikeMaintenance
Define twist? are we talking expresso with lemon or good old vodka....