minor medical issue

Old Jan 11th 2020, 7:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat056 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: minor medical issue

Thanks Tweedpipe.
Old Jan 11th 2020, 8:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add, although it's a long time since I've needed a nurse - I believe that infirmières are self-employed people. What happened in my case (blood tests) was, the doctor wrote out a prescription for the nurse stating exactly what was required. Presumably, the nurse needed this piece of paper in order to get paid. There seemed to be only one infirmière locally, and she operated from home. I went to the address I was given, it looked like a private house and I don't recall there even being a nameplate so I thought I might be about to make a wally of myself by knocking on the wrong door, but it was the right house and I showed her the piece of paper, and she arranged a date and time to call round. After she'd been and done the blood tests there was more paperwork. Sounds complicated but it wasn't, as soon as you make contact with the nurse he or she will take it from there.
Old Jan 11th 2020, 10:22 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Agree that you must follow the rules and get an IDE to change your dressing. If your Mairie hasn't already given you a booklet containing all useful addresses, look for Infirmières Diplomées d'Etat in the Pages Jaunes. They are all "libérales" and work alone or with several in a Cabinet. If the hospital's prescription hasn't indicated "à domicile", you won't get reimbursed for the extra cost of a home visit.
Unfortunately I've been only too well acquainted with the profession these last years, and all in the Cabinet which we chose when we first arrived here, were (still are) absolute pearls.
Old Jan 11th 2020, 1:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat056 is an unknown quantity at this point

I found a local infirmier on the internet 5 minutes walk from my house who can do a home visit as indicated on the hospital's paperwork or I can go there. It's only by appointment so I have emailed them and am waiting for a reply. I'll resist the urge to take matters into my own hands.